Ideas #022: 21311 - Voltron

Guest TabbyBoy
47 minutes ago, znarf said:

Has anyone seen this being sold outside of LEGO Shop at Home?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Not yet, but it won’t be long.

On 10/2/2018 at 11:23 PM, Val-E said:

Amazon.

Amazon has a November 1, 2018 release date on it's site.  So, it's coming....

I'm looking forward to it hitting Amazon, so it can go on sale.

• Like 2

Does anyone think this has any investment potential?  Assuming no or small discounts (say 10 - 15%).

Does anyone think this has any investment potential?  Assuming no or small discounts (say 10 - 15%).

No. None. Absolutely no investment potential whatsoever.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Is this on the way out? Looks like not very popular set. Being discounted by Amazon and Walmart up to 20%. And not many stores here carry it and is drying up.

2 hours ago, Ogelwoc said:

Is this on the way out? Looks like not very popular set. Being discounted by Amazon and Walmart up to 20%. And not many stores here carry it and is drying up.

You seem to read your tea leaves differently...I see your reasons to have the opposite meaning

FYI...I do belive EVERY LEGO set hits 20% off eventually or even at the first release...that 20% off should just be considered RRP...the "full price" is only reserved for soccer moms who don;t know any better or shoppers  who don't have the time/energy to get a better price.

28 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

...the "full price" is only reserved for soccer moms who don;t know any better or shoppers  who don't have the time/energy to get a better price.

If you're a true Lego collector and not just in it for the money then there are sets worth RRP.  Modulars for example.  I even paid RRP for the last AT-AT just because I wanted it.  One of the problems being in this hobby too long and especially if you're trying to make money is that you lose interest in the building and collecting aspect.  If you don't enjoy the build then it's just plastic.

6 minutes ago, Mathew said:

If you're a true Lego collector and not just in it for the money then there are sets worth RRP.  Modulars for example.  I even paid RRP for the last AT-AT just because I wanted it.  One of the problems being in this hobby too long and especially if you're trying to make money is that you lose interest in the building and collecting aspect.  If you don't enjoy the build then it's just plastic.

au contraire mon frere...I'm both a "true" LEGO collector and a discerning shopper....no set is worth paying more than I need to...my wife works too hard for me to waste any of it 😉

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

...that 20% off should just be considered RRP...the "full price" is only reserved for soccer moms who don;t know any better or shoppers  who don't have the time/energy to get a better price.

I paid RRP for the Lunar Lander.  Now I did get the GwP that will be sold to offset some of that cost, and its the first set I've paid RRP for in 2 years.  But, I did do it.