Favorite Disney Villain

TheOrcKing

So a bit of chit chat the other day got me thinking on this miscellaneous question posed about everywhere else across the net except here so why not. Disney has given us quite the cabal of intriguing baddies with strong character and often the best singing numbers. Anyway who is your favorite and a little of why.

Oh boy. That's a tough question.

Gaston is one of my favorites - he has the best songs. Lol

Chernobog is the most evil. But Malificent is a close second. Ursula is a pretty awesome all around evil character.

So, I dunno. Probably Malificent. But I could probably make a case for a boat load of others.

Captain Hook is the man. Especially the Dustin Hoffman version

My daughter is performing in Peter Pan at a local theater this week. So we've had Peter Pan playing lately. Not the most politically correct movie, lol.

Between Hook smoking, and "What makes the red man red?", oh boy.
  • Like 2

Just now, Alpinemaps said:

My daughter is performing in Peter Pan at a local theater this week. So we've had Peter Pan playing lately. Not the most politically correct movie, lol.

Between Hook smoking, and "What makes the red man red?", oh boy.

The first time my kid saw someone smoking on TV, I got the question, "What's that?" and it took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about.  Caught Dumbo on TV the other night, there's another that's not real PC.

I was going to say Jafar and Iago as my favorite pair, but Ursula was probably the most scary animated to me, and Prince John from Robin Hood was always good for a laugh.

• Like 1

We watched this Sunday night and Hoffman definite has fun in the role.

I agree that Scar is the most vile but my favourite villain is Ursula. She also has a good song and the fade out at the end of one her scenes is very creepy.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Darth Vader :P

Oh wow. I guess now I do have to consider the Force gripping master of darkness a Disney villain now. ....That just seems weird no matter how I try spinning it. Still I don't know though. I'm pretty sure Maleficent could kick his Sith ass. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess none of the modern ones scare me as much as those from when I was a child.

So Shere Kahn and Cruella de Ville would be high on my list. 

However the wicked witch of the west from Wizard of Oz with those flying monkeys used to give me nightmares as a kid. Really old disney films were properly scary. The wheelers in Return to Oz were full on horror level creepy scary for an 8 yr old

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:47 PM, Alpinemaps said:

Gaston is one of my favorites - he has the best songs. Lol

"No one's slick as Gaston, no one's quick as Gaston! No one's neck's as incredibly thick as Gaston!" He is a funny full of himself sort of character.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:47 PM, Alpinemaps said:

Chernobog is the most evil.

The whole visage of the black god conjuring a storm of the dead up the mountain was an awesome sight. A slight sting to his reputation though getting beaten down by a spiky haired kid with a keyblade. Haha. Anywho, Fantasia maintains to impress in my opinion even more so considering how old the work of art is now (77 years ago to date going by theatrical release). I cannot imagine how much value the original animation cells are now.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:17 PM, BrickLegacy said:

Scar is the most evil in my book. Killed his brother and framed his nephew all for the sake of power. Pure evil.

The scene where he snatches Mufasa on the cliff side only to mutter "Long live the king" before dropping him to his death was very visceral and the follow up to guilt Simba into running away then sending the hyenas to kill him was heartless. Jeremy Irons voiced the conniving character so fantastically and let's not forget the great "Be prepared".

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:17 PM, BrickLegacy said:

Jafar. He almost hooked up with Jasmine and that puts him up there with all the great villains.

I'll drink to that. Anyone remember how he kept mispronouncing Prince Ali "Abooboo"?

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:07 PM, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:37 PM, redghostx said:

We watched this Sunday night and Hoffman definite has fun in the role.

I enjoy both portrayals of the cutthroat captain but admit Dustin Hoffman had fun and was fun in the role alright.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:51 AM, Sprocket77 said:

Probably my age, but it's Shere Khan in the Jungle Book for me. Every good baddie must have an English accent.

George Sanders provided such a smooth and devilishly debonair flair to the ruthless tiger. In a dream match between him and Scar, I wonder who would best the other. While Scar was heartless, he did ultimately rely on the hyenas to back him up (of whom he ousted in a feeble attempt to save his own backside in the end) compared to Khan who relied on himself. Moving along I remember in the spinoff series Talespin, Shere Khan (voiced by Tony Jay) was an intriguingly written character being something of a successful business tycoon and a borderline mob boss yet not really evil.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:56 AM, fuzzy_bricks said:

Prince John from Robin Hood was always good for a laugh.

He was a hilarious thumb-sucker ....and that laugh of his. "Taxes! Beautiful lovely taxes! Ah ha! Ah ha!"

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:56 PM, Grizzlybear814 said:

Cruella de Vil.

She was an absolutely fabulous villainess. In fact I could totally see Joanna Lumley play the part. I can recall the chase scene around the end of the original film with her was classy car now flaming hot rod driving like a banshee out of hell with those crazed eyes of a lady possessed. Good stuff.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:54 PM, exciter1 said:

Amos Slade

I can always count on you to bring a little obscurity to the table. Geeze, I haven't watched The Fox and The Hound in a long time. On that note, I'm almost bummed nobody mentioned Madame Medusa from The Rescuers or Madam Mim from The Sword In The Stone or Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame or probably the most obscure with the Horned King in The Black Cauldron.

• Like 3