Retro TV Sets

Maybe it's my age, as the months come tumbling down before I turn 40, but a lot of my favourite mid size sets in the last few years have harked back to when I was a kid, Ecto-1, Mystery Machine, Benny's Spaceship. Look how happy Voltron made @Alpinemaps. Got me thinking to what sets I'd love to see made and I seem to keep coming back to tv sets from decades ago. Maybe this is what Ideas is all about, but I'd love to see a dedicated retro tv theme, here's a few of the sets I'd like to see:

A-Team

Airwolf

Knight Rider

Battlestar Gallactica - I know, Disney would never allow it

Buck Rogers

Magnum PI - Car and helicopter

The Fall Guy pickup

Dukes of Hazzard - PC means this won't happen

Starsky and Hutch

Wacky Races

Mask

Babylon 5

Can't believe such a crap set like BGGT got made, when there's so many more cooler sets out there to be made still. 

Love the fact that minifigures for movies/TV from these generations are creeping in with Dimensions, BA, ET, Beetlejuice, Gremlins, would love to see even more.

• Like 3

Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets)
Looney Tunes
Hanna Barbera stuff (Flintstones, Jetsons, Laugh Olympics, etc)

I'm just going to copy pasta you, because exactly this.

Hanna Barbera stuff would be awesome. You just need one iconic set piece from each with the main characters and you're done. Like the Flintstones car with four minis and Dino. Or the Jetsons "car." If you wanted to do a mega set, you could do Yogi's flying ark and include a bunch of the characters (anyone remember that?)

Wacky Racers were also HB, so you could throw those in there too.
  • Like 2