10193 - Medievel Market Village

Spartikis

When I look on sets like these I dont compare them to others, I compare them to sets that look as amazing as them (Imperial Shuttle for example :P)

Thats true... but you bought it on pretty ''amazing'' discount for a guy in Spain... I got it for 80

I was going to start a new thread but as we are already talking about this I'll do it here. Plus Alcarin will shout at me if I do. :P

I won this yesterday.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161045038390?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It was advertised as sealed. It isn't. Because as shown in the pictures, the seller has opened the box to prove that it is still sealed.

But I am not complaining as I bid, knowing that.

My question is. Should I go the full way and open the bags and build the thing. I am tempted to.

haha Wont shout :P Ill just put a sarcastic comment.

on the quoted stuff...

Cannot give a perfect answer... for 88 pounds Id pick one for myself and build it instantly...

but since I only got 1 I wil ltry score another.

so yeh. kindan ot given the answer!

Well to me this set is considered the most beautiful set of the Castle line (like ever) and its only rival in esthetic look and usefulness is Mill Village Raid from Kingdoms...

I expected this set to reach about 220$ + within 1 year of EOL(so thats what December?), which is still possible but highly unlikely. 

We shall see, but so far while great increase for a set out for 3 years, I am personally a tad disappointed. Especially cos its a really AMAZING set. 

Its hard to find a more beautiful set for Castle/Medieval lovers out there, and according to such perspective the increase in value is rather ''slow''

Othere than the mill village raid and that fold open black smith house made by dan siskin years ago, these are pretty much the only village buildings ever made. I know 30-40% is decent but i thought this set would be selling for several hundred within a year or less. But given how long it was on the market its hard to expect that.

on the quoted stuff...

Cannot give a perfect answer... for 88 pounds Id pick one for myself and build it instantly...

I have been trying to get one ever since it went EOL in November. According to the BP prices, I have paid slightly under for a sealed set and over the odds for a used one. I have a sealed one in the loft so I am tempted to open and build this one. Assuming I can find somewhere to put it. I just had to try and shoehorn in a Helm's Deep into my display cabinet this weekend.

Othere than the mill village raid and that fold open black smith house made by dan siskin years ago, these are pretty much the only village buildings ever made. I know 30-40% is decent but i thought this set would be selling for several hundred within a year or less. But given how long it was on the market its hard to expect that.

I think we are still in the realms of the flippers so I do not expect much more of a price rise until the model becomes more scarce. We may not see this until after Christmas.

on the quoted stuff...

There is another one available. Properly sealed this time and slightly below BP price

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221232784926?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Before postage of course. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I have just won this and received it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161045038390?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I bid a used price as the box has been opened. However now I have a slight dilema, should I build it or keep it as is. All the packages look original. There are 16 of them. I have had a look but I cannot find if this is the right number. Can anyone who built this set remember if that is right?

As the packages are still sealed I am wondering if I devalue the set by opening them further. I believe the set can be described as NIB at the moment rather than NISB. S of course means Sealed :)

It came with a vintage 6103-2 set as well which I will sell to offset the cost.

Hi Folks,

I have just won this and received it.

I bid a used price as the box has been opened. However now I have a slight dilema, should I build it or keep it as is. All the packages look original. There are 16 of them. I have had a look but I cannot find if this is the right number. Can anyone who built this set remember if that is right?

As the packages are still sealed I am wondering if I devalue the set by opening them further. I believe the set can be described as NIB at the moment rather than NISB. S of course means Sealed :)

It came with a vintage 6103-2 set as well which I will sell to offset the cost.

This is one of my favorite sets in a while. I was lucky enough to pick one up at retail last year when they were giving away the Hulk Mini figure. It's an awesome set and if you're into castle stuff at all, BUILD IT. You're probably going to be better off in a 5 year plan to build it now and confirm everything is in tack than try to sell it for major profit years from now only to be missing a polybag with no way to replace the pieces for a reasonable price.

At the price that you bought the Medieval Market, I think even if you build it, you would be able to resell it later on for at least the amount you bought it for, if not more, so by all means, build! For larger sets, I prefer to buy used and then build because it is slightly cheaper, and I can put my money elsewhere, but that is just me.