Harry Potter 2018

CM4Sci

18 hours ago, eliminator said:

I'm really looking forward to these sets, despite the fact that I've never seen the movies or read the books!  My wife is a fan and we're planning to go to Universal Studios, so it looks like the perfect storm for me to get into HP...especially as I'm getting worn down by Disney Star Wars.

...and the fact that my kids will probably into it when they get older. At what age do kids get into HP?

I think at just about any age you can get into the HP movies. In the first movie they're like 11 or 12 so you see this things from there perspective so it's great for kids. Each movie represents each year at Hogwarts so you see them growing up and as the series progresses it becomes more geared towards older audiences and even gets kinda dark. 

I was very fortunate as I was 11 when the first movie came out so me and my friends grew up with the characters so it was really cool to be the perfect age to get into it. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, DarthBall said:

Will it be possible to connect the Hogwarts from the whomping willow set to the other hogwarths castle set?

Connect, not sure, but they "go together", per the press release from the castle set.  They may simply align "next" to each other.  Seems like LEGO finally got the memo about forgoing a $200 set for 2 $100 or less sets that can be combined or remain stand-alone.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DarthBall said:

Will it be possible to connect the Hogwarts from the whomping willow set to the other hogwarths castle set?

From my understanding the Great Hall, Whomping Willow set, and D2C Castle can be connected, but that could be wrong. There hasn't even been any news about the "big" castle so who knows if that is even still happening