Harry Potter 2018

CM4Sci

The picture that Lego put on their "Elves" page showed the Womping Willow and Great Hall set together.  I doubt it's a coincidence.  I'm having a hard time getting used to the main cast as children in the figures.  Unfortunately, so far, not many new characters.  We got the lady on the train selling candy and crap, but not much else.  If the Minifigure Series is true, gotta think they will fill in some gaps there, but it would have been easy to put some other house kids in the stands of the Quidditch match or on the train.  Not every set has to have Harry, Ron, and Hermione, Lego.

25 minutes ago, thedingman5 said:

Connect, not sure, but they "go together", per the press release from the castle set.  They may simply align "next" to each other.  Seems like LEGO finally got the memo about forgoing a $200 set for 2 $100 or less sets that can be combined or remain stand-alone.

Close-ups show pin holes to connect via Modular style.

The Express is NICE, I am not even too into trains, but I think I will have to get this one.

You can almost taste the tears of HP fan boys that STILL don't have any indication of Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw minifig prints.

Edited by CosmicSpeed

2 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Close-ups show pin holes to connect via Modular style.

The Express is NICE, I am not even too into trains, but I think I will have to get this one.

You can almost taste the tears of HP fan boys that STILL don't have any indication of Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw minifig prints.

Ha, I'm not even a fanboy of the series, but still think it's ridiculous to entirely ignore half of the school.  

27 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Ha, I'm not even a fanboy of the series, but still think it's ridiculous to entirely ignore half of the school.  

If you had just watched the movies, you could be forgiven for thinking there were only two schools.  The good guys school and the bad guys school.

Just now, fuzzy_bricks said:

If you had just watched the movies, you could be forgiven for thinking there were only two schools.  The good guys school and the bad guys school.

the books are not that different really. Throw away Cedric, Cho and Luna and the other houses barely exist. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KShine said:

These all look pretty great (ok, maybe not the quidditch - but even that has some good content) - It is nice to see some inspired work.

Totally agree. I do enjoy the series, and the other Lego releases were during my dark ages, so its nice to see a refresh of the scenes in the novels.

Sets together looks awful when compared to the older variants also I don't think many people will apply stickers to the exterior.
image.thumb.png.e1a31faaa484c28d933b88f694773c45.png
I think they look just fine. Don't forget these are the playsets, there is still a D2C Hogwarts in the pipeline which should be more of a display piece.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Haay said:

Is it just me, or does Shelob from 2012 look much better than Aragog from 2018 ? Speaking of quality inflation... :( 

Looks like the significantly reduced the piece count .. the eyes and rump are better on the new one, but I like the traditional brick built legs better on the old one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gregpj said:

Looks like the significantly reduced the piece count .. the eyes and rump are better on the new one, but I like the traditional brick built legs better on the old one.

The old spider is much larger and sinister. The Aragog is small and cutesy for a reason, since as I remember it was considered a fledgling at this time in the book.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:21 PM, Will 4 said:

Sets together looks awful when compared to the older variants also I don't think many people will apply stickers to the exterior.

I agree............ The hall is just sooooooooooo undersized compared to the other set or the minifigures for that matter. Should be twice as tall as it currently is. I mean the front door is taller than the buttresses ..........LOL

And that basilisk is just god awful............

3 minutes ago, longshot said:

I agree............ The hall is just sooooooooooo undersized compared to the other set or the minifigures for that matter. Should be twice as tall as it currently is. I mean the front door is taller than the buttresses ..........LOL

And that basilisk is just god awful............

...and who rides in their boat up to a church?