Harry Potter 2018

CM4Sci

27 minutes ago, southcollector13 said:

So I take it that this does not include the rumored D2C castle/great hall? If anyone is curious, brickset lists set 71043 as "Hogwarts Castle" as a D2C in 2018, so possibly 6 sets total? I have to say I will be disappointed if it is only the great hall instead of a whole castle

It does not, but they did talk about it in the article as well.

10 hours ago, southcollector13 said:

So I take it that this does not include the rumored D2C castle/great hall? If anyone is curious, brickset lists set 71043 as "Hogwarts Castle" as a D2C in 2018, so possibly 6 sets total? I have to say I will be disappointed if it is only the great hall instead of a whole castle

It would be difficult to do justice to a complete Hogwarts Castle - A well detailed great hall set could be incredible.

Edited by KShine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, exciter1 said:

A little more leaked info from The Brick Show:

2018 LEGO Harry Potter Sets

75950 – Confidential LEGO Harry Potter (19.1 x 14.1 x 4.6 cm)
75953 – Confidential LEGO Harry Potter (48 x 28.2 x 7.4 cm)
75954 – Confidential LEGO Harry Potter (48 x 37.8 x 7.1 cm)

2018 LEGO Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

75951 – Confidential LEGO Fantastic Beasts (26.2 x 14.1 x 4.8 cm)
75952 – Confidential LEGO Fantastic Beasts (38.2 x 26.2 x 5.7 cm)

3 system sets?  So, a castle set, a train, and Hagrid's hut again.  Got it.    Hope the D2C has an abundance of figures.  I'm disappointed if it's true that it's just the great hall.  At ~$500, they could make a very nice Hogwarts.  It wouldn't be some 30k piece wonder of humanity, but it would be a nice representation of the castle we've been wanting.  

5 hours ago, Haay said:

I'm reading these rumoured names and prices:

71043 Hogwarts Castle (D2C)
75950 Aragog in the Forbidden Forest 14.99$
75951 Newt Scamander's Briefcase 24.99$
75952 The Crimes of Grindelwald 29.99$
75953 Ford Anglia Escape 69.99$
75954 Hogwarts Great Hall 89.99$

Seems pretty reasonable, reminds me of Scooby-Doo line (except for D2C). I do wonder why the Aragog and Ford Anglia sets were not combined into one though? Seems like a logical decision seeing as the Anglia helps them escape from Aragog in the Forest... but what do I know

20 minutes ago, southcollector13 said:

Seems pretty reasonable, reminds me of Scooby-Doo line (except for D2C). I do wonder why the Aragog and Ford Anglia sets were not combined into one though? Seems like a logical decision seeing as the Anglia helps them escape from Aragog in the Forest... but what do I know

Maybe the Ford Anglia Escape is all about how Ron, Fred and George used the Ford Anglia to free Harry from the house where he was locked up by his uncle... ;) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Haay said:

I'm reading these rumoured names and prices:

71043 Hogwarts Castle (D2C)
75950 Aragog in the Forbidden Forest 14.99$
75953 Ford Anglia Escape 69.99$
75954 Hogwarts Great Hall 89.99$

Why am I not seeing outrage over remakes? I demand outrage people these are 4 remakes being provided with the train to come later.  ?

3 hours ago, Haay said:

Maybe the Ford Anglia Escape is all about how Ron, Fred and George used the Ford Anglia to free Harry from the house where he was locked up by his uncle... ;) 

This

image.png.f900adc96fb8d164478b39718ed7d539.png

15 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

Why am I not seeing outrage over remakes? I demand outrage people these are 4 remakes being provided with the train to come later.  1f621.png

This

image.png.f900adc96fb8d164478b39718ed7d539.png

I'm putting my remake rage on hold for the moment due to the D2C. Depending on how that turns out I can look the other way on these remakes. If the D2C is underwhelming I will be much more upset. Hard to be more angry than usual about remakes these days though considering it is the only thing Lego knows how to do. At this point I just expect old stuff with 50 extra studs and a price point $20-30 more expensive.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Will 4 said:

Why am I not seeing outrage over remakes? I demand outrage people these are 4 remakes being provided with the train to come later.  1f621.png

Probably because remakes were fully expected.  Harry Potter has been a succession of remakes since its inception.  This would be the 3rd Aragog, 3rd Anglia, and 5th and 6th versions of Hogwarts if you don't count Battle for Hogwarts.  If you do, it would be #6 and #7.  Of course, one of these would be the first "UCS" version, which I think is going to be awesome.  As i said earlier, I'm looking forward to new figures and not just retreads but we'll probably end up getting those in just the Hall and UCS.

4 hours ago, Will 4 said:

Because most currently active resellers joined the game well after HP sets retired and are now projecting past gains to future set performance. 

Edited by Val-E
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Val-E said:

Because most currently active resellers joined the game well after HP sets retired and are now projecting past gains to future set performance. 

Ding ding ding. Although in my case I am mostly excited just to get sets to build at retail. My 9 year old and I are stoked for these, just finishing up book 7 right now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nolanfan34 said:

Ding ding ding. Although in my case I am mostly excited just to get sets to build at retail. My 9 year old and I are stoked for these, just finishing up book 7 right now.

Same here. My wife will love them, my kids eventually will (5 and 2 now). The Hogwarts and Great Hall are likely day 1 purchases for me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, longshot said:

Is there a release date on these yet............ I have a bunch of HP used sets that will need to be sold sooner than later now..........

Are you sure the new theme will effect prices of the old retired used sets that much or negatively???  It may even increase demand for the theme in general including the mini-figures, scenes vehicles that are not being re-released? Some sets may continue to rise in value with an increased demand. IMO

Just now, Brickshopper said:

Are you sure the new theme will effect prices of the old retired used sets that much or negatively???  It may even increase demand for the theme in general including the mini-figures, scenes vehicles that are not being re-released? Some sets may continue to rise in value with an increased demand. IMO

Agreed........... I have multiples of a lot of the older sets picked up in various collections and need to move them anyway. Hopefully this new release will fire up some interest in the older sets and they move easier.

4842 (most recent castle) sells for $200-$400 used (complete with figures).  Often times it's priced low by a seller who just does not know the market or is missing a piece or two.  On the $400 end, it is usually a savvier seller and has a box, sometimes has a few sealed bags.  New sealed sets go around $500-$600.

Not a huge amount of inventory out there.  Only about 20 used sets up for the US market right now.

My question - So how much does a rerelease impact the used vs. new resale prices?  Any other set you'd suggest looking at as a relative case study?

I occasionally flip used HP sets, so might need to hone my strategy on these going forward.  Many thanks...

4842 (most recent castle) sells for $200-$400 used (complete with figures).  Often times it's priced low by a seller who just does not know the market or is missing a piece or two.  On the $400 end, it is usually a savvier seller and has a box, sometimes has a few sealed bags.  New sealed sets go around $500-$600.
Not a huge amount of inventory out there.  Only about 20 used sets up for the US market right now.
My question - So how much does a rerelease impact the used vs. new resale prices?  Any other set you'd suggest looking at as a relative case study?
I occasionally flip used HP sets, so might need to hone my strategy on these going forward.  Many thanks...

I don't think we'll know until we see some images. If things go well (we get a Whomping Willow, a great Hall, a full UCS castle, and maybe a better forest set) than I think it will help past values. If the great Hall is just like 4842 and the other 2 sets resemble Escape from Private Drive and Aragog in the Dark Forest, those will take a plunge. If the "UCS" castle is poor/small, it will just replace 4842. I think tons of new resellers will buy these either way and they may not be a good choice (will see 4842 and etc. and think they are for sure bets). I'm mainly interested for personal use (just started reselling a year ago) and HP is my favorite theme. I'm trying to complete the theme before any new sets come out, about 70% done

2 hours ago, trstnkn said:

I think the prices on the old sets are going to plummet.  If any of you decide to save yourselves and get what you can for them, PM me.  I might act as a good Samaritan and take them off your hands for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1