Architecture 2018

Val-E

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Statue of Liberty looks great to me. Great Wall is meh, but it’s obvious that they’re targeting the Chinese market and this will do well for Lego in the Chinese market

Yes, it will finally persuade the fakers to do Architecture. Great move.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Val-E said:

Yes, it will finally persuade the fakers to do Architecture. Great move.

Have LEGO made a good move since the new cretin CEO joined?

2 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Hopefully, I’ll be dead before everyone is walking around in bubble wrap. Everyone need to grow thicker skin.

Sorry, I am not even the sensitive type, but in reality, Lego had to make a preemptive PR move here. I think its good on them to have changed the set being that the shooting happened less than 6 months ago. The backlash they would have received otherwise would not have been worth the hassle of sending it out as it.

But still, not sure how you can say this move is "lame" when a lot of people died for no reason from someone positioned at one of the main structures featured in the set. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

Sorry, I am not even the sensitive type, but in reality, Lego had to make a preemptive PR move here. I think its good on them to have changed the set being that the shooting happened less than 6 months ago. The backlash they would have received otherwise would not have been worth the hassle of sending it out as it.

But still, not sure how you can say this move is "lame" when a lot of people died for no reason from someone positioned at one of the main structures featured in the set. Just my opinion.

So, release it in year but don’t alter it as if the building wasn’t already in the set.

Hopefully the truth will come out soon enough as to the why this horrific event took place in the first place but once again, people can’t handle the truth so less is more here as well.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

So, release it in year but don’t alter it as if the building wasn’t already in the set.

Hopefully the truth will come out soon enough as to the why this horrific event took place in the first place but once again, people can’t handle the truth so less is more here as well.

It's a necessary move by Lego. The vast majority of the customer base doesn't see original leaked photos so will have no clue the Mandalay was in the original design. I actually can't understand any reason why this isn't an appropriate response on their part. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Hopefully, I’ll be dead before everyone is walking around in bubble wrap. Everyone need to grow thicker skin.

Whoa whoa there. Mass shootings shouldn't make us have thicker skin. We're supposed to be horrified by them.  They're totally not cool.  Sadly, most Americans are inured to them now though it doesn't change how bloody it gets.

The Mandalay Bay is going to be associated with the shooting, whether we like it or not. Plus, there's still ongoing lawsuits against the hotel on part of the victims.  So there's the question of any sort of negative PR or connection to it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TANV said:

Whoa whoa there. Mass shootings shouldn't make us have thicker skin. We're supposed to be horrified by them.  They're totally not cool.  Sadly, most Americans are inured to them now though it doesn't change how bloody it gets.

The Mandalay Bay is going to be associated with the shooting, whether we like it or not. Plus, there's still ongoing lawsuits against the hotel on part of the victims.  So there's the question of any sort of negative PR or connection to it.

You have got to be joking me? Victims are trying to sue the hotel for the actions of a madman? Honestly this make me fear for society as much as the nutter with a gun.

• Like 1

We all know why. Chem trails from the deep state lunar landing.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

You have got to be joking me? Victims are trying to sue the hotel for the actions of a madman? Honestly this make me fear for society as much as the nutter with a gun.

This is just America, don't worry. Lawsuits are a way of our life. That said, filing suit and winning the case are two completely different things.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Val-E said:

S.O.L. will be the second biggest ever set in the theme in terms of pieces. Age 16 plus, 1685 pieces. 100 euros.

I really want to like this set, but the Nexo Knight Shield as the face just isn't working for me. Kinda like they said "Will just stick this here and now we don't have to worry about building a face". 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I really want to like this set, but the Nexo Knight Shield as the face just isn't working for me. Kinda like they said "Will just stick this here and now we don't have to worry about building a face". 

Maybe its a metaphor for the state of the USA right now.....