10259 - Winter Village Station

Alpinemaps

It's really nice and all, but I feel like it's missing something. Maybe the color scheme could have been a little more traditional for a village train station? The sand green bricks make it look like there is bad aluminum siding on the wall and the brick face in on the inside of the coffee shop. I would have went with grey and put the brick face on the outside. Also could have used some more decorative elements for the clock tower. 

Still...I like it.

29 minutes ago, redghostx said:

You need at least two sets to build a proper station so I hope that Lego has a higher limit on this when it comes out because I need a few to flip as well.

Totally agree as my first time seeing it was a bit underwhelming.  The bus is nice, but wish piece count all went to the station instead.  Will be interesting to see how this looks with other recent sets Santa's Workshop and Winter Toy Shop.  

I think Lego could have really made a stellar set and bumped the price to 119.95. Ive scene quite a few holiday train stations in Ideas and they are considerably better then this. That being said there is certainly money to be made with this one. Especially if you can get it at a discount............

• Like 1

It's really nice and all, but I feel like it's missing something. Maybe the color scheme could have been a little more traditional for a village train station? The sand green bricks make it look like there is bad aluminum siding on the wall and the brick face in on the inside of the coffee shop. I would have went with grey and put the brick face on the outside. Also could have used some more decorative elements for the clock tower. 
Still...I like it.

When I saw the sand green I immediately thought of how I could MOD it for Halloween to accept the ghost train..
  • Like 4

I think Lego could have really made a stellar set and bumped the price to 119.95. Ive scene quite a few holiday train stations in Ideas and they are considerably better then this. That being said there is certainly money to be made with this one. Especially if you can get it at a discount............

They could have, but they seem intent on keeping sets in this line under $100

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

This seems to be out of stock pending retirement until next year at EU SAH.

I think it'll be back next season and the time to sell is before then ;-)