75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

20 hours ago, marcandre said:

"Slightly updated characters will excite collectors" :mda:

I think they have taken this stance with quite a few sets. 

edit - so it's fake? That's pretty funny actually. 

Excactly my thought - how little LEGO thinks that would make collectors go nuts.. :D

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For UK folk, you can currently pick this up for 20% off from smyths, instore only as they have an offer of £10 off for every £50 spent

Comes to £519.99, I managed to pick one up, my local smyths only has 3 left, most stores have 5 in stock, this offer will last until Sunday, however doubt they will get a restock of MF so if you want one then you should hurry up, as this will probably be the best price to pick for UK folk until the next smyths 20% (which will prob be next year) or if amazon reduces, doubt Lego or John Lewis will reduce in price.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

Anybody buying this thing? Qf, personal or whatever?

i have a reliable source who offers it at msrp but it comes with 6 micro Diagon alleys. I can probably get a couple this way...decisions decisions....

I have bought 0,  Hogwarts would be a much better choice with multiple promos.   You're not gonna lose obviously but I would do 2 Hogwarts over 1 MILF just cause they are the hotter of the 2 right now,  little easier as well.

Guest TabbyBoy
14 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

I have bought 0,  Hogwarts would be a much better choice with multiple promos.   You're not gonna lose obviously but I would do 2 Hogwarts over 1 MILF just cause they are the hotter of the 2 right now,  little easier as well.

MILFs normally are hotter ? Well, the one nextdoor certainly is!

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, rich79 said:

I'm just curious to know are there many investors accumulate this set for investing. It's big to hold, not easy to sell as a sending package, maybe it stays for a very long time. What is your opinion about this set?

It will be there forever until replaceced by the updated version that includes all three trilogies and is sold for 1000 euro in 2025 :)

1 hour ago, rich79 said:

I'm just curious to know are there many investors accumulate this set for investing. It's big to hold, not easy to sell as a sending package, maybe it stays for a very long time. What is your opinion about this set?

As a (fairly) seasoned investor, I would not recommend that you accumulate any of these. Get a personal copy (1x) and no more. My 2c

Merry Xmas all

Edited by ED-209
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I can't stand the thing, the rear is unfinished and looks like it was designed by a <enter very politically incorrect term here>. There's also a high risk of fraud and SNAD due to its value. Not for me, I'll stick with my 10179.

9 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Depends on buy-in. Lowest I have seen is 460 euros and at that price you have options to hold, flip or build and sell used.

I cannot imagine serious shop offering this set for such huge discount, its very suspicious. Standard discounts for this set were 20-24 %, for a while I saw 30% discount. Thats also maximal discounts for any other UCS set. Bigger discounts are very rare and happen for retiring sets or very bad sellers (B wing)...

As mentioned, this set is a nightmare for stocking - very big, heavy, expensive and absolutely unpredictable EOL - it can live 3 years, 5 years, as well as 8 years and then replaced by remake version such as Death Star. The EOL of this set is extremly unpredictable, instead of other UCS sets, where we can estimate 2-3, maximum 4 years life. Also its bad for quick flipping, since its expensive sets where everybody wait for deep discounts and have a profit around EUR 30-40 from such big, bad shipping set doesnt make a sense...

The only way is to wait for retiring soon tag and buy at the latest moment - even for full price without discount. I would rather buy it for EUR 800 in the last month of life than buying for EUR 600 with a risk of holding it for another 3-4 years till EOL. The experience with Tower Bridge and T1 is sufficiently deterrent...