75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

12 hours ago, brickology101 said:

That's funny. I  just finished building these sections of the millennium falcon (bags 10) and it is true they are interchangeable. They can go either side. Big mistake though.

Yup, I did notice that when I was building my set, but I guess this guy never watched the movies and put it on the wrong side?

4 hours ago, GenMaster said:

just to check, is anyone who is on the 5000 waiting list, still waiting for their falcon?

I'm still on it since my local store has been closed for a month due to a leaking pipe.  I've been told they're reopening on Friday, so I'm hopefully getting it then since I'm near the top of the list.

Just some inside info I've got today.
(I don't know if this is the right thread for that but let's try)

Some of them are rather disappointing.

1. No More Millennium Falcons Delivery until end of the year in UK and probably rest of the Brand Stores across the Europe.
The last delivery scheduled for Q4 (few boxes per store) was delivered to majority of the stores last week and yesterday, already gone in most of the brand stores (London is gone).
If you are from other regions of UK call your local (or nearest) store to check the status to make sure whether they have it in stock or not.
NO RESERVATION LISTS ALLOWED.
2. There will be NO Designer Launch Day for Taj Mahal, just a regular ordinary one without the presence of the Designer Team.
3. Christmas Toy Shop are gone from most of the stores without further delivery scheduled pick up one before it's too late! It's already retired and won't be back for sure.
4. THERE WILL BE NO (UNSCHEDULED) 3X VIP EVENT IN DECEMBER. TLG is already satisfied with the current state of sales in 85% of the stors, they don't have overstock
so sadly no 3x VIP to boost sales this year. :(

confirmed for those who are anxious about Black VIP cards, those will be issued as well in 2018 if you will call with such request CS. (at least in January)

now I realized I forgot to ask about the legitimacy of the Diner (new Modular) set.
ehh... next time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest TabbyBoy

John Lewis had over a dozen Winter Toy Shops of shelves by the till yesterday afternoon at £55.24, I passed. The new UCS MF doesn't float my boat as much as most so I'll wait for a discounted one in a year or so.

9 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

John Lewis had over a dozen Winter Toy Shops of shelves by the till yesterday afternoon at £55.24, I passed. The new UCS MF doesn't float my boat as much as most so I'll wait for a discounted one in a year or so.

Yeah, but it's always nice to have them combo with free goodies, such a 24 in 1 and Nutcracker.
Value proposition then is different than RPP alone.

10 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

Yeah but those 40253s are only going to net about £8 after postage and fees, so doesn't make much of a dent in £650.

We talked about winter toy shops there. MF was out of subject because of my previous post about lack of those in stores until end of the year.

Very cool lighting! I'd probably keep it just to the rear engines when I build mine.

So the question in my head is when to put my second set on eBay to maximize return? Sorry if this is the wrong location for the discussion. I'm guessing right around December 5th. That way people that want them probably have given up on TLG delivering more, but they will still get the set before X-Mas.

Thoughts?

35 minutes ago, scythanith said:

Very cool lighting! I'd probably keep it just to the rear engines when I build mine.

So the question in my head is when to put my second set on eBay to maximize return? Sorry if this is the wrong location for the discussion. I'm guessing right around December 5th. That way people that want them probably have given up on TLG delivering more, but they will still get the set before X-Mas.

Thoughts?

You should be putting it up and have it at an inflated "placeholder" price! You never know you could get lucky. I've sold a few sets in the past with my placeholder: "lol people will never pay this price" price.

You mean the starting bid or the buy it now price? I got burned a while back using a minimum price, item didn't reach the minimum and I had to pay big fees on the item anyways! Learned my lesson there.

Essentially set the starting bid at the minimum I'd accept and then put the BIN price at something I wish I'd get. Don't know if I will get any takers but couldn't hurt.

1 minute ago, scythanith said:

You mean the starting bid or the buy it now price? I got burned a while back using a minimum price, item didn't reach the minimum and I had to pay big fees on the item anyways! Learned my lesson there.

Essentially set the starting bid at the minimum I'd accept and then put the BIN price at something I wish I'd get. Don't know if I will get any takers but couldn't hurt.

Oh yeah not sure about bidding, i was referring to BIN solely.