75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

On 21/11/2017 at 9:16 PM, Slatesbin said:

What's that flashing?

On 22/11/2017 at 2:57 PM, winder00side said:

There are two blinking lights in the cockpit.  Then there are four on the top cannon that are synchronized in a 2x2 pattern.  All Brickstuff lighting. 

LUKE: What's that flashing?

HAN: We're losing a deflector shield. Go strap yourselves in. I'm going to make the jump to light speed.

(from A New Hope).

Awesome lighting by the way, I particularly like the engines.

Edited by binary_storm

Lego SAH now says “coming soon”
Interesting since I think they have a long way to go to fulfill in store waitlist.

Interesting, I’m hoping this article is more accurate. At least until I sell or trade mine. =)
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/11/24/566370961/whats-800-and-already-sold-out-this-lego-star-wars-ship?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2052
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, winder00side said:

Certainly isn't cheap, but the product is top notch. For people who spend $800 on a set, another $200-400 to make it over the top isn't unreasonable. 

I don't know. I did spend $800+ bucks on this monster and I would be interested in paying like $100 more to see it glowing and screaming in my shelf but $200-400 just seems too much...

Call me crazy, but I never noticed the set in Walmart/Target's system up until now, wasn't there when it was in Toys R Us's system quite sometime ago.  Walmart actually has a photo for it on the seek.

DPCI: 204-00-2160

Walmart: 138857969

(URL; https://www.walmart.com/ip/Millennium-Falcon/138857969?u1=&oid=223073.7200&wmlspartner=PxE*ot9VSWM&sourceid=09269156282861973807&affillinktype=14&veh=aff)

Toys R Us: 810544

This set will undoubtedly have a wide release, sooner rather than later!  

Edited by Klownicle
  • Like 1

Hmmmm. I guess I didn’t read the email correctly. I thought Lego said my black VIP CARD was in the mail about a month ago. Apparently it must have said,

“Congratulations on your $800+ purchase of a really cool box of molded plastic blocks and choking hazards!! As a reward we will be sending you and 10,000 other people a one of a kind, but completely non personalized and easily reproducible laminated piece of thin cardboard/ thick paper!!! We would like you to know how much we appreciate your love of Lego! This “special” VIP card, which can also easily be worn on a lanyard (not included) by poking a hole through the top, will make you and many others eligible for, yet to be determined, AMAZINGLY HO-HUM discounts and 15 minutes of early access to our “crashed servers” on occasional future sales!! This card, which you should have already received, is coming!!!
We, at Lego, are thinking, very hard might I add, about potentially sending it possibly in the near to distant future; almost 50/50 to 73% chance one way or the other, maybe, but most definitely eventually.

Thank you again for YOU, but mostly your money!!!

Sincerely yours,
Lego”

For those still waiting just to buy the set, I apologize for my sarcasm.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dr.Dad said:

Hmmmm. I guess I didn’t read the email correctly. I thought Lego said my black VIP CARD was in the mail about a month ago. Apparently it must have said,

“Congratulations on your $800+ purchase of a really cool box of molded plastic blocks and choking hazards!! As a reward we will be sending you and 10,000 other people a one of a kind, but completely non personalized and easily reproducible laminated piece of thin cardboard/ thick paper!!! We would like you to know how much we appreciate your love of Lego! This “special” VIP card, which can also easily be worn on a lanyard (not included) by poking a hole through the top, will make you and many others eligible for, yet to be determined, AMAZINGLY HO-HUM discounts and 15 minutes of early access to our “crashed servers” on occasional future sales!! This card, which you should have already received, is coming!!!
We, at Lego, are thinking, very hard might I add, about potentially sending it possibly in the near to distant future; almost 50/50 to 73% chance one way or the other, maybe, but most definitely eventually.

Sincerely yours,
Lego”

Completely the truth.  All marketing to separate people from the money, a black VIP card, what a terrible idea.

36 minutes ago, Dr.Dad said:

Sincerely yours,
Lego”

Honestly if you were expecting anything other than a cash grab weak promotional value product, then you are naive. I highly doubt this program will be anything coveted and special.  I think things will be changing as well due to the larger demand that Lego did not expect.  I can imagine they were of the belief that a limited amount of people would purchase it thus making it more coveted of a program.  Now that "everyone and there mother" (/s) has purchased the set, it to be diminishes the value of the Black VIP program due to the shear quantity in sales differences.

Yeah we will get little gifts, mini figures, or extra points, but I doubt it will be a grand spectacle.

Edited by Klownicle

Honestly if you were expecting anything other than a cash grab weak promotional value product, then you are naive. I highly doubt this program will be anything coveted and special.  I think things will be changing as well due to the larger demand that Lego did not expect.  I can imagine they were of the belief that a limited amount of people would purchase it thus making it more coveted of a program.  Now that "everyone and there mother" (/s) has purchased the set, it to be diminishes the value of the Black VIP program due to the shear quantity in sales differences.
Yeah we will get little gifts, mini figures, or extra points, but I doubt it will be a grand spectacle.

No matter what the exclusive promotion is, just wait for the internet backlash from everyone who (weren’t going to buy one anyways) complains about how it was impossible to buy one because they didn’t make enough and now they’re missing out on some awesome promo.

A little sarcasm but when LEGO stopped taking backorders or putting people on wait lists, they have to be able to predict some anger if the exclusive benefits are any good at all.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

The details on LEGO Shop at Home now mention "12 weeks" to get your card.

I suppose there really is no point to actually having the card.  The card uses the same number as your regular vip card, it's just a fancy piece of laminated paper to show off.  So regardless of having it or not we are all "part of the system".  

But damnit, I spend $800 buckaroos, I demand my laminated paper promptly as said.  How dare they get my hopes up.

I suppose there really is no point to actually having the card.  The card uses the same number as your regular vip card, it's just a fancy piece of laminated paper to show off.  So regardless of having it or not we are all "part of the system".  
But damnit, I spend $800 buckaroos, I demand my laminated paper promptly as said.  How dare they get my hopes up.

Entire industries and markets have been built on status symbols and showing off. And thats what this is a little black card that says "I have enough disposable income to purchase an 800 dollar LEGO set." Any special promotions are just gravy on the biscuits...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

5 minutes ago, Shewie said:

I just can't process through my grey matter in brain the fact that someone could pay 1500GBP/2200USD for painted piece of plastic.

Just can't

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIGNED-LEGO-Star-Wars-Black-VIP-Collectors-Card-Millennium-Falcon-75192-Launch/142589329070?epid=2260237065&hash=item2132fc7eae:g:BZwAAOSwRNhaEbeZ

To be fair,, you do get a snazzy wristband too.