75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

10 minutes ago, Cheese said:

These didn't even make it to the shop floor.

Yeah, I think there was some sketchy inside job going on since TRU is currently out of control and what really matters to them is to get rid of their shite from the stores asap.
anyway, fantastic grab. maybe that's tabby, his activity is limited to zero lately, maybe he enrolled for a job in TRU's warehouse for obvious reasons. <evil>

Edited by Shewie

3 minutes ago, Shewie said:

Yeah, I think there was some sketchy inside job going on since TRU is currently out of control and what really matters to them is to get rid of their shite from the stores asap.
anyway, fantastic grab. maybe that's tabby, his activity is limited to zero lately, maybe he enrolled for a job in TRU's warehouse for obvious reasons. <evil>

It's not what you know, but who you know.  I never saw this set at either local TRU.

• Like 1

On 11/03/2018 at 9:22 PM, andyposterfan said:

Surely it makes sense that the ships in the new trilogy look similar to the OT as they have evolved in design and bee improved. That's what happens with real world cars, planes etc.

let another forget the ships in the Prequel trilogy looked absurd in the own right but also absurd in just how advanced it all looked despite being set 30yeara before the OT. I think the PT comes off far worse 

Thankfully Lucas and co. never had that attitude during the original trilogy, otherwise we would have just had endless variations of the X-Wing, and the A- and B-Wings would never have seen the light of day.

Maybe instead of Jedi's speeder bike we could have had a variation of Luke's speeder from Tatooine -- they're both speeders, right, shouldn't they look similar?

The ships in the prequel trilogy certainly looked different, I'll give you that. I wouldn't term them absurd though. The stuff from Phantom Menace is probably the most "out there", with the Naboo craft and the Trade Federation ships. Personally I think they look a lot more old-fashioned than the OT designs (wackier colours and shapes, heavy use of chrome, bubble cockpits, etc). By comparison I think the OT designs still stand-up well today, so I wouldn't agree that the prequel stuff looked more advanced.

1 minute ago, MusiKyle said:

Wife just found one new at Target clearanced for 559... bite, right?  I don't know I can afford it to keep but maybe resell?

39508.jpeg

that's a no-brainer. if you don't get it, can you let me know where it is so i can see if i have somebody who can pick it up for me?

46 minutes ago, boliramirez said:

Probably a store return...

That's my guess as well, or an online ship to store that got canceled halfway to the store for whatever reason.  Wife is in Iowa, I'm in Florida at the moment, I asked her box condition and she said it was great and that this pic showed the "worst", which isn't bad at all.

39525.jpeg

On 3/17/2018 at 3:15 PM, Haydencoe said:

IMG_1726.JPGIMG_1725.JPGIMG_1731.JPGIMG_1729.JPG

I think someone was asking about the stand from wicked brick, just got mine and seems really good, nice and sturdy.

That was me.  I ordered one as well and should be here this week.  Pricey, but it's a very cool stand and will reduce the display footprint quite a bit I would think.  Thanks for the pictures.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...