75188 - Resistance Bomber

HandyHand

22 hours ago, exracer327 said:

The bombers were featured for a whole 4 minutes and let's not even get into bombs "dropping" in space.

The bombs are magnetic apparently:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MG-100_StarFortress_SF-17

The modular bombing magazine, called the "clip" by the bomber's crew,[1] would drop the bombs through sequenced electromagnetic plates in the clip, which propelled the bombs to "drop" in microgravity environments. The bombs would then be drawn magnetically to their targets.

I don't think this was explained in the film.

On 12/30/2018 at 12:04 PM, Tarka said:

The bombs are magnetic apparently:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MG-100_StarFortress_SF-17

I don't think this was explained in the film.

this explanation is just being revisionist...if it was that simple...the obvious simpler deterrent would be for the SHips to have nonmetallic  coating on their hull...or a simple deflector or even counter-measures (ie Airforce One).

The writers were going for a certain money scene...physics and reason be damned

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, calmdahn said:

If it’s not interesting to you that TLG started (maybe) producing an exclusive minifig at the very end of production of a retiring set I don’t know if you’re playing this game to win. 

Please don´t take offence but when one minifig is worth more than an 800 piece set, it´s a sign the set is a turd. I have 5 and they are all from 2017. This one bombed and the only resistance is from buyers.

Not sure if the minifig change is legit and whether it happened in Europe but we can see from the lack of gloating posts that it probably didn´t or that no one bought the set.

I very much doubt they´d change the content and develop a fig for a 3 month run of a retiring set so this minifig will be back in another guise quicker than you can say Darth Revan.

Make hay while you can if you do have it.

Edited by Val-E

10 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I very much doubt they´d change the content and develop a fig for a 3 month run of a retiring set 

In the name of social justice (or the threat of a social media mob) they would.

If LEGO had been contacted regarding the apparent whitewashing of LEGO characters - the price of doing nothing could be very costly.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KShine said:

If LEGO had been contacted regarding the apparent whitewashing of LEGO characters - the price of doing nothing could be very costly.

Currently ranked 57 000 on Amazon so maybe not that many people care.

10 minutes ago, KShine said:

Tricky issue. Once they started adding skin colors to characters they have to be consistent and careful.  With normal sets and also things like emoticons I prefer the neutral yellow, but this was a bit awkward once Lego started doing real-life depictions like Lando. I would expect this not to be whitewashing, but just a mistake of not checking the look of a small role in the movie. 

I think it is good to correct the mistake. Once you're going down the path of including skin colors, you'd better be consistent.

Edited by Legojona
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Val-E said:

or how droids and wookies can understand all languages but are only able to communicate in beeps and grunts.

this makes "sense" tho...so few droids can talk so maybe the vocal units are the pricey tech...anotehrr eason why those that handle them regularly learn the beeps language.

understanding toerh languages and translating is simple database software so I can see why that can be universally available

same goes for wookies...high level inelligence but under-developed vocal chords.

I like how there are some attempts at matching species with environment...but SW for the most part seem to design cool looking aliens first and then come up w/ a "reasonable" origin....which is obviously backwards in real life.

FYI, I posted some info in the SW 2019 thread on this site. I contacted Lego via their chat function last night to ask about obtaining this replacement fig. The CS rep indicated that indeed they did replace the fig recently so that the set would be more accurate to the movie scene and would send me one free of charge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eliminator said:

FYI, I posted some info in the SW 2019 thread on this site. I contacted Lego via their chat function last night to ask about obtaining this replacement fig. The CS rep indicated that indeed they did replace the fig recently so that the set would be more accurate to the movie scene and would send me one free of charge.

Thanks for the tip! Got one headed my way also!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kris_1973 said:

Better luck than me. Called customer service this morning and was told the parts were no longer available, but would do some research and email me back.

Nevermind....just got the email that said the same thing.....They are sending me a head that is "the same skin tone without a beard".....wait what?! Oh well....it was worth a shot.