75188 - Resistance Bomber

HandyHand

44 minutes ago, Val-E said:

So deep so soon suggests it is a poor seller. If you keep it sealed you should be able to return it and rebuy much lower after Xmas.

I´d also wait and see if it actually gets more than 10 seconds of air time before being blown up in the movie.

@Val-E A Dutch retailer temporarily offers 25% extra discount on top of their already (minor) discounted sets. This included also BB-8 (from €84 to €63) and retiring 31052 Vacation Getaway (from €54 to €40.50). For me personally the Resistance Bomber was the most interesting discounted set for my own collection. :) 

After seeing TLJ yesterday I like this set more and more. It will probably be the only set from the 2017 TLJ wave that I'll buy for my personal build collection. Just need to get a deep discount on it...

As for the price, looks like it suffers from abit of the same issue as the UCS B-Wing (lot of large pieces)? Price probably make more sense from a price to weight perspective?

• 4 weeks later...

Currently building the 75188 Resistance Bomber and I have to say I now actually do understand why this set is on the bit expensive side. There are several bigger pieces used in the construction:

6171086 6195466 6186796 6195467 6195468 6195469

And a number of these are also unique for this set... 

I'm glad I got this set for €70, and am enjoying building it too. Will show a picture of it once it's completed. :) 

• Like 1

On 13-12-2017 at 4:43 PM, Haay said:

@Val-E A Dutch retailer temporarily offers 25% extra discount on top of their already (minor) discounted sets. This included also BB-8 (from €84 to €63) and retiring 31052 Vacation Getaway (from €54 to €40.50). For me personally the Resistance Bomber was the most interesting discounted set for my own collection. :) 

@HaayNevermind, didn't realise it was an old post. - sorry

Edited by The Leveller

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Haay said:

To reduce the hurt of the additional €9,95 shipping (to The Netherlands) a little bit... 

That really hurts! As you mentioned that set includes really a lot of interesting and unique pieces.

With about 40% off this set is far away from a steal. 0,083€ / piece! RRP [109,99€] ratio 0,14€ / piece

• 9 months later...
38 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Is this set worth loading up on? I bought two this morning at 50% off and I can probably find more if I'm willing to drive 30min.

Are there any chances of this ship showing up in Episode IX...or any other SW shows/films? Will this ship be a "must have" for SW collectors down the road?

Depends on your definition of "loading up".  

Personally, I've bought all I could find at 52.80 last week at Target.  It's a unique vehicle, with very low chance of being remade in near future.

2 hours ago, eliminator said:

Is this set worth loading up on? I bought two this morning at 50% off and I can probably find more if I'm willing to drive 30min.

Are there any chances of this ship showing up in Episode IX...or any other SW shows/films? Will this ship be a "must have" for SW collectors down the road?

When we last left our heroes, Poe had led the bombers on what ended up being a suicide mission, thus destroying the entire squadron.  Apparently, they only had that ONE squadron.  lol, sorry I'm just very annoyed at the state of SW story telling.

• Like 3

New trilogy Lego has not done much. I don't see this set getting much higher than rrp on ebay. Maybe better on amazon. It's only getting around $80 on ebay now but there is still a little stock out there and the target dump off really deflated it short term. 

The real test for the first order sets will be the walker. Seems to sell well and walkers have all been great investments. Looks like we will have to wait a while longer on it's retirement though. If walkers are in the next movie could be years. 

20 hours ago, exracer327 said:

When we last left our heroes, Poe had led the bombers on what ended up being a suicide mission, thus destroying the entire squadron.  Apparently, they only had that ONE squadron.  lol, sorry I'm just very annoyed at the state of SW story telling.

Are they ever going to formally tell the story of what happened between Return of the Jedi and the recent films?  The "out of sequences" thing is annoying since I've had to introduce Star Wars to my son...I wanted him to see the Canon trilogy first...but explaining things get rough.  That said...it's clear that the writer's want to start from scratch (ie old characters die off) and start w/ a smaller "resistance" / "rebel" force...essentially by the end of the last film...EVERYBODY were able to fit in the Falcon (with NO ONE else replying to SOS)...so I hope they stick w/ this Plot line for the sake of consistency.

THAT said...I like the Bomber...it's differerent for Lego Star Wars and consistent w/ source material...so those two reason alone make it a reasonable buy for me...if it hits 40% off or more, I'm on it.

In my opinion this is a great set due to its uniqueness. The build quality is wonderful. Designers did a good detail from the outside as it looks almost identical from the movie.  Love all mini figures and all of them having double sided face printing is a plus. The command center inside is also really neat, with a chair, desk and computer. The cockpit is great, with plenty of details to make it realistic. The outside turrets are cool too. And the bombing feature is awesome.

This one is going to stay in my collection.

• Like 1

To be fair, i actually liked this set.   I thought it had cool functionality and playability.   

But the playability in relationship to the film is the problem, like many sets in TLJ.  There were effectively two fighter scenes: one with poe and another with kylo.  And that is it.  The bombers were featured for a whole 4 minutes and let's not even get into bombs "dropping" in space.  Or the fact that the bombers basically chain-reaction blew themselves up mere seconds from their target.  Is that the scene every kid really wants to relive over and over? 

I hope ppl make money on this set, but I'll pass.

• Like 2