Toys "R" Us - 50% scraps are all that's left

jsteele

22 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Huh. I hope it does. There’s a couple of things I’d be willing to get at 40%.

Plus I’ll laugh at the guy who loaded up on TLBM Clayface sets yesterday.

Is there any pattern in the liquidation discount tier schedule so far?  Any rationale behind why today vs. tomorrow vs. any day being a good day to check or to reasonably expect a drop?

24 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

Is there any pattern in the liquidation discount tier schedule so far?  Any rationale behind why today vs. tomorrow vs. any day being a good day to check or to reasonably expect a drop?

Pretty sure it was Wednesday last week, but I could be mistaken.

Talked to the manager at my store on Monday. He said they would close on June 30.
I didn’t think to ask him to specify TRU, or his store alone. He did confirm that they had received the last truck from the warehouse last week. No new inventory coming in.

Still 30% locally here too. Folks I asked said they had no inkling when next drop down might happen. Store said they didn't even know if 6/30 was their definite closing date yet.

If anything, stuff hanging out for weeks at 30% gives some good insight on what NOT to buy for investment. TLBM stuff, Star Was black box stuff (Buildables, U-Wings, Arrowhead, etc) - most of the Ninjago Movie stuff - not moving at all. 

Star Wars white box stuff, Super Hero stuff, a lot of City Stuff, moved pretty quickly at 30%.

Most of the other stuff is at least trickling out. 

Loading up on Clayfaces as an investment at 30% is a bad bad choice :)

I have my eye on a few things, but really not much. Already retired stuff like the Galaxy Squad stuff that magically reappeared and the remaining Arch sets. But waiting for another drop.

I am curious to see how this will effect Christmas time, not just LEGO but all sales... 

Still 30% locally here too. Folks I asked said they had no inkling when next drop down might happen. Store said they didn't even know if 6/30 was their definite closing date yet.
If anything, stuff hanging out for weeks at 30% gives some good insight on what NOT to buy for investment. TLBM stuff, Star Was black box stuff (Buildables, U-Wings, Arrowhead, etc) - most of the Ninjago Movie stuff - not moving at all. 
Star Wars white box stuff, Super Hero stuff, a lot of City Stuff, moved pretty quickly at 30%.
Most of the other stuff is at least trickling out. 
Loading up on Clayfaces as an investment at 30% is a bad bad choice
I have my eye on a few things, but really not much. Already retired stuff like the Galaxy Squad stuff that magically reappeared and the remaining Arch sets. But waiting for another drop.
I am curious to see how this will effect Christmas time, not just LEGO but all sales... 

Yep. A cart full - maybe 30 of them - of Clayface. I just laughed and said “good haul”
  • Like 4

On 5/26/2018 at 11:00 AM, terrymc4677 said:

The only set left at my store worth considering is 70618 Destiny's Bounty at $112 (30% off). I've only got one so far so I might go back later to scoop them up. There is no telling when they will be discounted further, and at 50% they will go quick. I was never able to find any at WM for 50% during their winter clearance. Other than that it's just scraps and my store is about half full of empty racking and shelving. It's kind of depressing. 

I wanted Destiny Bounty also but hesitated at 30% and found out today I missed out.  Similar deals on eBay right now though so I may look there, but it was never a MUST have for me.

My store said price drops coming tomorrow although can't guarantee Lego will be included. Also the stores want to close by the end of the month so they don't have to pay for rent in July for those that lease space.

If anybody has a store with Lego Ninjago city and is willing to ship it let me know

• Like 1

My store said price drops coming tomorrow although can't guarantee Lego will be included. Also the stores want to close by the end of the month so they don't have to pay for rent in July for those that lease space.

If anybody has a store with Lego Ninjago city and is willing to ship it let me know

I’m going want in on that “willing to ship” action, too. You can even take it out of the box.

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Any price drop today ? Lego or otherwise ? 

On 5/8/2018 at 6:35 PM, cambridge02138 said:

For Lego, is it 15% off + extra 10%?  Or just 15% off?

no price drops in Baltimore today   5/31

ere is what Toys R US owe Toy Makers

Mattel (Barbie)Hasbro (Tickle Me Elmo)Spin Master (Hatchimals)Lego (Legos)Just Play (Puppy in My Pocket)MGA Entertainment (Bratz)Vtech Electronics (Zoo Jamz guitar)Jakks (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)Radio Flyer (Radio Flyer wagon)Skyrocket Toys (Sky Viper)Pacific Cycle (Schwinn bikes)Moose Toys (Shopkins)Dorel Juvenile (Kidtrax )Jazwares (Tangle toy)Zuru (Fidgets)Bandai (Power Rangers)Cepia ( Zhuzhu pets)Huffy (Huffy bikes)Wowwee (MiP robot)Razor (Scooters)Crayola (Crayola crayons)$135.659.132.831.62921.417.714.112.211109.59.29.17.97.86.76.34.14.12.6

I don't know if some bulk buyers came in at some point, but basically nothing was moving at 30% off for a couple weeks, I hadn't been in in a week and a half or so, but I pop in yesterday and just scraps remain. Hell, there were even like 10 Angry Birds castles a couple weeks ago, only one of those left as well as LEGO Batman Movie stuff, NEXO Stuff, and a couple random odds and ends. (Polybags, a few Elves sets, Quake Mechs, Star Wars Buildables, U-Wings). Dimensions at 70% off, get your Laval Fun packs for $1.50 ;) Jay and Fantastic Beasts fun packs $4.50. Still not biting. Fantastic Beasts story pack at like $14 is somewhat tempting. All the Speed Champions stuff was gone, and this is stuff that wasn't moving at 30% for a couple weeks. 

I did grab a couple scraps, and snagged 4 Buck Palaces at like $35, which isn't great since they can be had for $40 online right now. Also a Salvage MEC and few other small sets. But I doubt big sets will get much lower than 40%. 

Less than 3 weeks left to go, you wonder if they become more aggressive with markdowns at this point, maybe weekly?