Toys "R" Us - 50% scraps are all that's left

jsteele

4 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

I thought about taking my kids there one last time but now I don't want that moment to stick in their memories. That's depressing.

That's not my picture, but I thought it was a sad one. I did take pictures of my kids in front of the store one last time.  They are actually upset and don't fully understand why it has to close.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

That's not my picture, but I thought it was a sad one. I did take pictures of my kids in front of the store one last time.  They are actually upset and don't fully understand why it has to close.

Thanks for the idea...I'm gonna steal that and do the same!

I stopped at an out-of-area Toys R Us over the weekend.  And true to the warnings here, toys were all junk (except perhaps the 250 Nerf darts for $10).  What did catch my interest was the stockpile of new shipping boxes being sold for $5/bundle (25 count).  Various sizes.  Not a bad deal.  It sucked that I drove a 2-seater, only managed to squeeze in two bundles ... dangit!

Check out the Fullerton store...

I bought two large Power Ranger Lion Fire Fortress Zord for $30/each last night. I had been drinking and thought it was a good idea. I'm positive I was wrong. They had virtually nothing left but these things, and there were easily 50 of them. That should have been a clue. Drunk people don't pick up on clues.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’m guessing my local store closed on Tuesday. I was there looking to grab a sign or two (was denied), and it looked like Black Friday - the line was probably 50 deep with carts full of stuff and empty shelves.

Everything was 90%, and what was left just was not selling at all, so I’m not surprised that’s what it took.