Godspeed...

Ed Mack

Thanks for creating a feed! Many of my loved ones are in the NC,SC, and FL area. A few tips if you live in the many expected flood zones. Your dishwasher is like a "flood safe". You can save things you have to leave behind like pictures,small safes, sentimental items, and of course important documents etc. It is waterproof and secure. Also if you are expecting a power outage (which I would) and are staying, your washing machine makes a great fridge. Fill with bottled water, drinks (whatever you need refrigerated.) top with ice. Keep the lid closed. Should keep you good for a couple of days and the water simply runs out.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

Thanks for creating a feed! Many of my loved ones are in the NC,SC, and FL area. A few tips if you live in the many expected flood zones. Your dishwasher is like a "flood safe". You can save things you have to leave behind like pictures,small safes, sentimental items, and of course important documents etc. It is waterproof and secure. Also if you are expecting a power outage (which I would) and are staying, your washing machine makes a great fridge. Fill with bottled water, drinks (whatever you need refrigerated.) top with ice. Keep the lid closed. Should keep you good for a couple of days and the water simply runs out.

Great ideas...

• Like 1

Lines at gas stations, water at the stores gone, Home Depot? Isle with plywood and other boards is empty, people sitting on carts waiting for delivery. Oh boy, I chose "perfect" time to move to Florida from a cushy IL. I've been here 3 months, fortunately I'm staying in 2 story concrete townhome. Got water, food, outside is my pick up truck that I'm hoping won't get destroyed. All my Lego sets were brought today from storage to the house, tomorrow I'll take them upstairs. Im a reseller scum but if I get stuck upstairs, no power, flooded first floor....I'll be doing a lot of Lego building...

• Like 8

Lines at gas stations, water at the stores gone, Home Depot? Isle with plywood and other boards is empty, people sitting on carts waiting for delivery. Oh boy, I chose "perfect" time to move to Florida from a cushy IL. I've been here 3 months, fortunately I'm staying in 2 story concrete townhome. Got water, food, outside is my pick up truck that I'm hoping won't get destroyed. All my Lego sets were brought today from storage to the house, tomorrow I'll take them upstairs. Im a reseller scum but if I get stuck upstairs, no power, flooded first floor....I'll be doing a lot of Lego building...

Be safe!
  • Like 2

Stuck. Gridlock. Canceled my flight out of MIA now need to drive to NC to flight out...

I NEED to make this flight. Popping the question and everything is nonrefundable..

Did I mention stuck in the middle of the state at 2am and havnt moved in 30 minutes. In park...

That stinks, I'm sure it's crazy. Be safe everyone.

• Like 2

As someone who lives just about dead center on Irma's path, just going to say it's been fun guys.  I can't really leave the state so I'm just going to hunker down as best I can.  Hopefully I can return with as much good news as soon as possible.  All of us here are just hoping for bad instead of catastrophic.  This is probably the most scared I've ever been living in Florida 17 years.  Stay safe everyone especially since I know that there are other BPers in the TB/west coast area.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...