LEGO PLUS+ Taj Mahal (feat. DUPLO) - DUPLO "Idea" succeeding THIS time?

Frank Brickowski

While the Brickpicker.com forum is once again in its well-known "grumpy mode", user comments in other forums and on the project page are almost exclusively positive, with many people encouraging the truly innovative idea (the platform is called "IDEAS" by the way) of sets for impaired people using DUPLO bricks. Now, after only 4 days of being live, the Taj Mahal project has reached 1,000 views and 68 supporters.

The forum is in its "I'm right you're wrong" mode all over the place. My comment was simply in response to you asking for an opinion and at every turn downplaying the significance of said opinion or thoughts (in favour of your own) rather than accepting them as opinions and thoughts. You do this all the time.

1,000 views and 68 supported isn't very good statistics. At that pace it will need just over 147,000 views for 10k supporters.

It's a great idea and a nice set, but it's just not feasible from a business point of view IMO.

1 hour ago, gregpj said:

The forum is in its "I'm right you're wrong" mode all over the place. My comment was simply in response to you asking for an opinion and at every turn downplaying the significance of said opinion or thoughts (in favour of your own) rather than accepting them as opinions and thoughts. You do this all the time.

1,000 views and 68 supported isn't very good statistics. At that pace it will need just over 147,000 views for 10k supporters.

It's a great idea and a nice set, but it's just not feasible from a business point of view IMO.

Your arguments have been fair and maybe I got some of them wrong (not paying enough attention to the positive things you said about the submission). Are you OK with concluding peace on this matter? Sorry for overreacting here and there.

• Like 1

On 19.9.2017 at 6:43 PM, gregpj said:

from the project's comments section...

"(10:41 a.m., 24th September 2017) Congratulations! You are supporter #100 and have just helped this project to make nothing less but Ideas history - becoming the first ever DUPLO-built design to reach the 100 supporter milestone. Absolutely awesome, we made it this far already in only 9 days! Now we have 415 additonal days to get to 10,000 supporters. You're all invited to help the all-new concept of this project become reality. Thank you very much to all who already supported and to the next 9,900 (hopefully) upcoming supporters joining from here!"

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, brickvoyeur said:

Totally a necrobump, and I'll take my lashings for it.

Finally, a Duplo line for 18+ https://brickset.com/article/58636/introducing-18-duplo-design

i was actually getting excited for a second at the thought of adult duplo.  then comes representation of the earth by 2 rectangular bricks as "the globe". lol.  what day is it again?

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1