UCS Millennium Falcon Exclusive Black VIP Card Perks & Benefits

Martae54

Just now, JimboJet said:

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but on Nov 11th I received an email from Lego that says "your Lego VIP Star Wars card is on the way and will arrive at the end of this month".  So far I have not received it.  Is this unusual or is everyone in the same boat?

Thanks!

Yes same boat.  Needless to say, when confronted they told me, by Dec 24th.  Well that pretty much has passed as well.  So just another failure on the launch.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CollectorOfLegos said:

This is ridiculous, as soon as I got the email, I followed the link but never saw ANY indication that it was available online at the US SAH. Highly disappointed that I wasn't able to get one.

They were still in stock when I received the email, and for quite some time after all things considering. Could have been a delay in your ISP? The time stamp on on my email was 10:30am Central.

5 minutes ago, vroom34 said:

They were still in stock when I received the email, and for quite some time after all things considering. Could have been a delay in your ISP? The time stamp on on my email was 10:30am Central.

Considering all things?  Or all things considering.  The universe is in peril, how do we decide!

5 hours ago, JimboJet said:

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but on Nov 11th I received an email from Lego that says "your Lego VIP Star Wars card is on the way and will arrive at the end of this month".  So far I have not received it.  Is this unusual or is everyone in the same boat?

Thanks!

Still waiting for mine. I was hoping to get it by the end of the year but LEGO was not printing these cards out fast enough to reach 6 weeks after I purchased it. I bought the set on Sep 15th by the way.

• Thanks 1

I too received the email a while ago saying I'd receive my black card by end of Nov.  It's now end of Dec, so I called LEGO Cust Serv.

They verified my purchase was prior to Nov 2 (apparently this is considered the first batch of cards).  In the USA, they said I should receive it by the end of Dec.  Funny the email never said that.

But they did confirm that those purchased prior to Nov 2, should get them before Jan 1.  Guess we'll see if that's true.

All they would say for purchases after Nov 2 is that they'll arrive later.

• Thanks 1

Black VIP card is til 12/31 or while stocks last. I wonder if anyone's asked Lego how much stock of these cards they actually have. You could still be in luck!

Wouldn’t surprise me if they have endless supply of Vip cards that will last until 31 Dec 2018. Would be another way to create more demand from those that didn’t get it before end of 2017. Also wouldn’t surprise me if early in the new year there’s also an announcement to say that due to the great success of the programme they’ll be extending the offers beyond 2018! A very cheap but effective marketing tool.

• Like 1

The info that came with my card says we should expect an email in early 2018 detailing the first promotion. 

can’t see em continuing to issue cards for 2018 purchases. Sounds like it’ll be available in other places soon so that would also support ending the black VIP cards at the end of 2017.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mysterhee said:

Has everyone who was supposed to get a card already gotten theirs (excluding the people who just got the Falcon right around Christmas)? I got the email saying I’d get it by the end of November but never did

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

Nope, but I JUST now got a reply from Lego Customer Service, and it reads as follows. First told end of Nov by official e-mail communication, second told by Dec 24th by customer service, and now, end of Jan (for me).  Pull up your big boy pants as we're about to walk through the bullshit.  

As far as your Star Wars VIP card goes if you didn't place your order for the Millenium Falcon until 12/22/17 you won't receive it until the end of February. If you placed it on 11/02/17 then you will receive your Star Wars VIP card at the end of January.

We sincerely apologize for any confusion or any miscommunication. I hope this clears things up & I can reassure you 100% that you will be getting your Star Wars VIP card soon. We hope you have a great day & a Happy New Years!

nozObon.gif

Edited by Klownicle

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 12:40 PM, Klownicle said:

That’s pretty interesting. Fortunately I got mine in October, but I wonder why LEGO ever sent out the emails saying that the cards had shipped when they hadn’t. It just seems like they would upset fewer people by just not saying anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

3 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

Will Amazon send a VIP black card?  Or better yet a Bezos card?

Surprised it wasn't Amazon Prime only.  I think this confirms Black VIP is over.  Everyone and their mother will be asking Lego but I bought it so and so here.  Too bad so sad says Lego.

Edited by Klownicle

Are the Cards Plastic or Metal ???

To those who have received them.

Second Question....

Is there anything I have to do to receive the card besides making the purchase before Dec 31

Anything I am suppose to fill out ? or send in ?

Edited by Fleck

3 hours ago, Fleck said:

Second Question....

Is there anything I have to do to receive the card besides making the purchase before Dec 31

Anything I am suppose to fill out ? or send in ?

As long as you were logged into your VIP account when you made the initial purchase (or gave VIP at Lego Store) there is nothing more to do.  My online order shows my VIP number.

Based on the report above I called since I had not received a card for the unit I bought on 15 September.  They said my account was set to not receive postal mail (not true since I get catalogs and postcards multiple times per year). They said I'm in the 2nd run of cards and should see it by early February.  We'll see....