UCS Millennium Falcon Exclusive Black VIP Card Perks & Benefits

Martae54

I've been on support emails with Lego SAH support.  Apparently my card got lost in the mail and they had to ask the company responsible for them to reprint it.  I ordered my Falcon on the first day of pre-orders and spent all of November/December hearing about delays in shipping the card from them before they finally admitted that it was lost.

Hopefully the reprint arrives by the end of the month like they said it would :(.

Finally managed to purchase as UCS Falcon last week, so I contacted Lego Customer Service querying the black VIP card, explaining that I understood that the promotion was up until the 31/12 but not though want of trying I hadn't been able to purchase one in that window, therefore would I still receive a card having purchased on the 8/1/18.

Below is their email response:

We are so very sorry, but we were unable to extend the promotion for the black Star Wars VIP card with the Millennium Falcon. I can completely understand how frustrating this must be, as  you tried so hard to purchase the Millennium Falcon, before the end of the year. To be completely honest, we have already given out 3x the amount that we were anticipating. So unfortunately, you would not qualify for the VIP card.

The good news is, we have learned a lot from this promotion. We now can see how popular the Star Wars VIP cards were! Because of this, we are hoping to do similar promotions going forward.

Now, firstly it appears the card may not be as unique as some hoped due to the potential 'similar promotions' but she also states they have give out 3x the amount of cards they were expecting?? Now, if every VIP member was due a Black Card this means they have sold 3 x the amount of Falcons they were expecting as well?! Hence the fact this has been pretty much sold out from day one! 

We're all clamoring for this Black Card, which means...not that much...since it's tied to our VIP account and we don't really "physically" need it. What this "we've sold 3x what we expected" means to me, is that the unnannounced perks, whatever they were, are not going to be as perky as they might have been. We need to stop worrying about the card and start worrying about the perks! It's easy enough for Lego to look at your purchase history, see you bought a Falcon, and make you eligible for whatever the deal is. Maybe we're all getting free Attack on Hoths!

• Like 1

When Lego do promos they announce in advance usually right? Could be a few weeks or a month.

weve heard nothing about the "promos" we can can expect so will we even get anything in January? Nope. We're nearly halfway through January and nothing announced.

How about something announced even in February? I'm not feeling that's likely either... starting to feel like a real let down and clearly unprepared.

11 hours ago, andyposterfan said:

When Lego do promos they announce in advance usually right? Could be a few weeks or a month.

weve heard nothing about the "promos" we can can expect so will we even get anything in January? Nope. We're nearly halfway through January and nothing announced.

How about something announced even in February? I'm not feeling that's likely either... starting to feel like a real let down and clearly unprepared.

If they've doled out 3x as many VIP cards as they expected and they had a plan for exclusive gift offers they may be having to replan larger production runs for those gifts too. 

• Like 1

If they've doled out 3x as many VIP cards as they expected and they had a plan for exclusive gift offers they may be having to replan larger production runs for those gifts too. 

There will be no exclusive gifts. It will be leftover freebies from recent promos. So we can expect R2-D2 poly, First Order General, C3PO red arm poly etc. Lego will also not want backlash from those people who couldn’t get a Black VIP card.

I could see this prediction coming true.

its impossible really. Give the cardholders something amazing and those who wanted to buy the MF but couldnt will be angry. But give the cardholders something rubbish and we'll be angry too.

hate to say it.. but it's only plastic, and in theory nothing to stop Lego making more promos to satisfy demand. These aren't rare naturally occurring jewels in finite supply. They can make more promos if they want. But they'll mess it up

its impossible really. Give the cardholders something amazing and those who wanted to buy the MF but couldnt will be angry. But give the cardholders something rubbish and we'll be angry too.

Just putting this here for later... I totally agree with you and LEGO is probably going to screw this up no matter which direction the go. They’ve already started this on the wrong foot with claims that so many cards were lost in the mail.

58dc17ff04fac9eea591b72a193aebd7.jpg

They’re lucky LEGO is so popular because they screw these promotions up more than they succeed.

I think it’ll land somewhere in the middle. Maybe we get one awesome promo just for card holders like on May the 4th, something valuable like the Space Slug set

It won’t be valuable since there will be 20K+ of them and on day 1 half of them will be on eBay, with people looking to recoup some of the costs of their falcon’s.