Which Creator Expert vehicle is going to retire this year (2017) ?

HandyHand

Which Creator Expert vehicle is going to retire this year (2017) ?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. With rumours abound of at least one of these Creator Expert vehicles going to retire this year (2017), which one do you expect to finally make it's way to the LEGO Sets Retirement Home?

• 10220 - VW T1 Camper Van (oldest of the bunch and in production since 2011)
    • 10242 - MINI Cooper MK VII (mentioned by LEGO Store manager as "going to retire soon")
    • 10248 - Ferrari F40 (recently labeled as "Last Chance")

2 minutes ago, inversion said:

The Ferrari. I have seen it on Hungarian sites marked as retiring soon, and they tended to be correct. No time to dig up the exact stores now. Simpsons, Batman, Helicarrier and the Claas technic were also tagged.

I know it's slightly off topic but I'd be surprised if claas retired this year. It should be the 4204x range this year. 

Rest makes sense.

18 minutes ago, Haay said:

With rumours abound of at least one of these Creator Expert vehicles going to retire this year (2017), which one do you expect to finally make it's way to the LEGO Sets Retirement Home?

What if all three were?

3 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I know it's slightly off topic but I'd be surprised if claas retired this year. It should be the 4204x range this year. 

Rest makes sense.

Claas and Volvo out, Porsche and BWE stay.

• Like 1

I expect (and hope) that T1 will retire this year finally... also probably good seller, it is a long time on shelves - 6 years. Its too long and every year is coming further car - we have now 5 sets from this theme. Ferrari is not so good seller, but just 2 years on shelves (big difference between 6 years of T1 and 2 years of Ferrari). T1 was also among black friday discounted sets, which is a strong sign of soon retirement (i remember that almost all sets involved in black friday discounts last years went to retirement same or next year). Mini Cooper could be a stronger candidate for sooner retirement than Ferrari, since is older and it is also not so good seller. Or they retire more than 1 set.

Regarding other cars, Arocs will go for sure (standard shelf life of Technic sets), Claas and Volvo not, I am sure (just 1 year life).

I love both the mini and F40 for builds and both sit on my desk have not built the T1 yet.

I think the T1 will stay as it is available in more stores and also VW dealers. I have had an Asda checkout lady mention that she had built a T1 over christmas. So I think T1 is staying due to it's appeal to the masses.

They also changed the mini box to match the others so this might be something to consider.