Amazon.ca Deals

Zender

Another great amazon.ca deal: Yellow Submarine @ $42.14, from Amazon.ca... even better: same item, sold by "TS Toys N Gadgets" for $42.30 - fulfilled by Amazon, and the seller must not have asked for Amazon.ca to collect taxes, so for me, that's a 15% savings! I just ordered two more - expect this to do well post-retirement.

My tip of the day is that many Amazon.ca third party sellers don't charge tax - you have to add to cart and proceed through checkout process (without completing) to tell which do and which don't...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Shneebs said:

Another great amazon.ca deal: Yellow Submarine @ $42.14, from Amazon.ca... even better: same item, sold by "TS Toys N Gadgets" for $42.30 - fulfilled by Amazon, and the seller must not have asked for Amazon.ca to collect taxes, so for me, that's a 15% savings! I just ordered two more - expect this to do well post-retirement.

My tip of the day is that many Amazon.ca third party sellers don't charge tax - you have to add to cart and proceed through checkout process (without completing) to tell which do and which don't...

Thanks for the tip Shneebs!  Picked-up three.

Edited by kouks
spelling mistake
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Shneebs said:

I've noticed that from TS Toys N Gadgets as well as a couple others! Thanks for the heads up on that deal!

Should keep an eye on some of the technics. They are plummeting in prices. Down like $1-$2 every couple of hours. If they decide to slap another 10% off on those, you guys better get your trigger fingers ready. That all terrain vehicle is dropping to epic proportions. It's possible to get this under 200 if you are refreshing every 2 hours.

https://www.amazon.ca/LEGO-Technic-Terrain-Truck-Building/dp/B07146N1MP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1513287725&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+technic+all+terrain

UCS investing is dead. Even at $170 you're making almost nothing if you flip at $250 [Edit: on any marketplace that charges fees, you might do OK on CL etc I guess]. Tie won't break $300 for a long time I doubt. Put your money into Yellow Subs imho, way faster turn around on your capital, probably easier to move them, and can probably squeeze a better margin out of them; buyers for ~$100 sets are far more plentiful than those for ~$300+ sets. 

Edited by Zelgazra

10 hours ago, Shneebs said:

just a heads up.. I believe amazon will only collect taxes if the seller is from the same province as the buyer shipping address. When i sell my stuff on amazon I dont see any option to have amazon collect or not collect sales taxes.  Currently in the US they have started to make it so that amazon HAS to collect the taxes. I will look into this a bit more though because that is pretty good savings. imo.