70922 - The Joker Manor

Sandwraith

I like it also and agree that I wasn't expecting it.

Seems good playability with a fully functional roller coaster. It should pair well with Jokerland and Arkham asylum. Maybe even Funhouse escape. Definitely would not be a first day purchase, but might pick it up with double VIP and some other promo.

I'm pleasantly surprised by this set. Plus, this gives me hope for a Creator Fairground roller coaster (to go with the Ferris Wheel, Carousel and Fairground Mixer) in 2018. Especially since it looks like they have some new elements....the purple coaster track and lime green roller coaster train.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Those were my first and second thoughts as well.  How many $100+ Batman sets do we need on the market at one time?  4x TLBM (plus another 2x in the $80+) along with the Classic Batcave seems like too many. 

Classic Batcave is dead. The rest are just the general retail flagships, although a tad too many of them. One D2C is fine, I just struggle to see the market for this. Looks a tad childish and the rest of the sets this year are mostly better. Maybe LEGO wants to give TLBM a last ride this Christmas, and this could be gone just after a year in my opinion. No reason to keep it around after the hype dies down.

Edited by inversion

Love the design of the set, I don't normally care for halfsies but this one rubs me the right way!  However, I really have to temper myself as a collector.  The price feels a bit steep but a very likely limited availability both during retail and shelf life will keep the sets value I think.

Must resist this time.

55 minutes ago, Kevink24 said:

I'm pleasantly surprised by this set. Plus, this gives me hope for a Creator Fairground roller coaster (to go with the Ferris Wheel, Carousel and Fairground Mixer) in 2018. Especially since it looks like they have some new elements....the purple coaster track and lime green roller coaster train.

I'm calling this as the precursor to a Fairgrounds Rollercoaster set in 2018.

• Like 4