What Star Wars sets deserve a remake

thoroakenfelder

I know that remakes are the bane of Star Wars collectors/ However I was thinking of what sets are long overdue for being issued again.

Here's what I could think of within a few minutes:

TIE Interceptor

Rebel Blockade Runner

Cloud City

TIE Defender

Zam Wessel's Speeder/Anakin's Speeder

Jango Fett's Slave I

TIE Bomber

As I think of it, this topic will probably also include things that have never been made, so here's a few of those:

ANH: Lars Moisture Farm

Bantha

Rebel Command Center

ESB: Rebel Transport

Nebulon B Frigate

TPM: Naboo Royal Starship

Droid Control Ship

RO: Imperial cargo ship

TIE Reaper

AT-ACT

Cloud City - #1 needed remake and not close (for my selfish needs)

Jango's Slave I

Yoda's Hut

Cloud Car

The various TIEs(aside from Vader) don't really do it for me so don't need any of those.  Aside from that Lego has remade about everything else from the early years that needs remake.  I could get on board with another Venator Cruiser as well.

If there was to be a remake of a UCS and I could only pick one it would be Vader's TIE.  Selfish reasons again.  

2 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

I agree that the construction leaves a lot to be desired, but the finished product is amazing.  

I've owned the set when it first came out, and although yes it looks great, it suffers badly from a weak frame, and gaps galore that with all the new pieces over the last 15 years, could really set it apart, just like the new MF IMO.  It's one of those that can still be a very well detailed $300-$400 set, and blow the old one out of the water.

17 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Cloud City - #1 needed remake and not close (for my selfish needs)

Jango's Slave I

Yoda's Hut

Cloud Car

The various TIEs(aside from Vader) don't really do it for me so don't need any of those.  Aside from that Lego has remade about everything else from the early years that needs remake.  I could get on board with another Venator Cruiser as well.

If there was to be a remake of a UCS and I could only pick one it would be Vader's TIE.  Selfish reasons again.  

There's a Yoda's hut coming next year. I can't believe I forgot about the Cloud Car.

3 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

I know, but it's a piece of crap and not deserving of my recognition so it stays on the board for me.  Honestly, even if it was good I probably wouldn't  buy it but it is in need of a remake.

I really want the Luke that comes with it. I'd be a lot more excited for a fatigues Luke than the Jedi training one. We need a proper Bespin Duel set.

Just now, thoroakenfelder said:

I really want the Luke that comes with it. I'd be a lot more excited for a fatigues Luke than the Jedi training one. We need a proper Bespin Duel set.

I would Bricklink the Luke for sure.  On the second point, hence our need for Cloud City.  Could knock out the Cloud Car on that one as well.  We all win.

31 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

Cloud city at #1, Tie bomber & interceptor high up there, and an honourable mention for Kylo's shuttle.

Selfishly I don't really care about a Tantive IV remake as I have 10198, and it's really nice as is (except for the off-colour cockpit print).

I built the 10198 and liked it a lot, but I felt like it showed its age a bit. Still, it looked great on my shelf while I had it.

Guest TabbyBoy

75192 MF needs to have its arse fixed and have some light bricks installed. I struggle to believe how anybody would pay an extortionate £649.99 for a lazy remake instead something that should've been groundbreaking. I can't help thinking that LEGO is fast becoming the "Apple" of the toy World milking naive customers for lazy remakes and updates.

I would also like to see the Venator and Cloud City, but not designed by a 3 year old!

9 hours ago, Sandwraith said:

I know we had one in 2013? but would love to see another Republic Gunship, they seem to sell well and are really cool ships. I sold all mine and regret not keeping 1.

I've got a gem mint one put back.  Found a few at Ross last year and flipped 'em too quickly.  They were all in pristine condition, too.  Like they had pulled them straight off the production line.

23 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Jango Fett's Slave I and the Jedi Starfighter are about as close as you'll get. there wasn't really much there that is playable.

A small $20-30 set with Obi-Wan and Jango "duel" would be neat. Small elevated platform above water, a few play features, and maybe a Kamino alien minifig!

Edited by Sandwraith

Here's mine:

A New Hope - really most of the key bases are covered here, however they really need more cantina aliens, so cantina battle packs would be nice.  Just lots of modular cantina tables with the weird aliens..  Ohh yeah, and a Bantha.  We need that bantha maxifig that is done right.

Empire - Hoth has been overdone and is overcooked.  Don't need anything more from there, however Cloud City is so under developed, that they need to focus on it.  Yoda's Hut next year is at least a moderate step in a better direction, and the Bounty Hunter pack, along with the carbon freezing chambers were pluses over the last few years.  It seems that the only thing they make from Empire is hoth sets. 

ROTJ - Since 2012, I think they've covered most of the bases on this movie.  There's maybe some of Jabba's henchmen that would be cool to have as a minifig like Yakface, and Amanaman but they can battle pack it!  Of course, redoing Jabba's Palace in a large scale Ewok Village style UCS set would be one set I think would be ok.  They really could do that set some better justice.

Phantom Menace - don't really think there is much to do.  At best, a Jedi Council UCS set would be cool.  And a Boss Nass minifigure

Attack of the Clones - Can't think of much that I care about.  I think the biggest hole is the Geonosis Battle Arena, but that would be a monster set, and i'm not sure it serves a purpose today.  Since we have the UCS Slave 1, I have no interest in accumulating that version... and the Young Boba and Jango figures are in that newest set with Obi-wan.  Jango's Slave 1 would be the only other thing I can think of, other than the weird bouncing bubble hippos with Anakin and Padme where he rolls around in the field with her.  You could have a voice brick that when you press it - it says cheesy romantic lines.

Revenge of the Sith - They could redo some of the Wookie catarmarans from Kashyyyk, but other than that.. not much more that is needed.

The Force Awakens - They botched the Rathtar set.  A true maxifig rathtar would be nice.

Rogue One -  I dont care too much about getting the corvette..  But, a Tantive IV would be cool. And they need a Saw Gerrera minifigure.  Maybe this is something that could be a May the 4th Exclusive or something like that.  Other than that I think all the bases have been mostly covered.