40308 - Lester

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

So nice of you to offer. I'd be happy to have this little guy as well if you can swing it. Thanks.

Accounted for! Not a problem. 

1 minute ago, bigfanofnu said:

Little Man deserves his own thread. Mods?

Probably would be easier, at least from my standpoint too haha. 

1 hour ago, thelovemachine said:

One for me if you can spare :P  Thnks!

One for you too, cheers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andyposterfan said:

The limit is definitely 3 per person. Just tried for more!

Dang, that sucks, but still not an issue to going back multiple times a day over the next week I'm here haha. 

47 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Count me in for one as well

Can be done. 

Also, if we could get a thread started for this that might be easier, maybe not the right place to flood this with requests and info on the one polybag. 

No idea how that works though (still a newbie here.) 

42 minutes ago, thedingman5 said:

I would certainly appreciate 1 as well!  Count me in, thanks!!!

For sure, easy enough as long as my plan goes smoothly. 

• Like 1

To anyone who's been in a position like this before: honestly, if I'm getting them for people, what do I charge for them? Any upcharge at all or just simply cost + shipping? 

I need genuine answers.

My thinking is like $2 over cost, so basically. (6 pounds converts to basically $8) $10 a fig + shipping, but I know I can sell them for almost $35 a pop. 

Just asking as the overwhelming response has been what I expected, but as this is my first time being in this position. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, B1ueseven said:

To anyone who's been in a position like this before: honestly, if I'm getting them for people, what do I charge for them? Any upcharge at all or just simply cost + shipping? 

I need genuine answers.

My thinking is like $2 over cost, so basically. (6 pounds converts to basically $8) $10 a fig + shipping, but I know I can sell them for almost $35 a pop. 

Just asking as the overwhelming response has been what I expected, but as this is my first time being in this position. 

In a situation like this, where each sale to a BPer is taking an actual sale away from you, I'd just charge slightly under what you would on the open market in exchange for the quick sale or reduced fees. This is different from the guy who found 100 beatle subs on clearance at Target, because in that situation he wouldn't have bought them all - so charging just over their cost didn't cannibalize his own inventory. 

Honestly, charging $10 means you are going to have a long line of takers - they can get something for $10 that would otherwise cost them $35.

I need genuine answers.

Only you know what to do there. If you want to make future "contacts " that will keep you in mind for future deals they get, then a Small upcharge to make it worth your time would be best obviously.
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, B1ueseven said:

I need genuine answers.

You are paying £5.95 per bag. That translates to $7.95 USD at the moment.  You're selling them for $35 on eBay, where they will likely stay at the moment for a few weeks unless others start getting the same idea you have and do the same.  Right now, you control the market.

Sell it for $15, $20, $30, etc. It's all in your hands.  It is YOUR call. Don't forget that you are doing this as a service for which we'd pay you for eventually.

Paging @Lego Templar and his legendary find of Yellow Subs.

1 minute ago, TANV said:

You are paying £5.95 per bag. That translates to $7.95 USD at the moment.  You're selling them for $35 on eBay, where they will likely stay at the moment for a few weeks unless others start getting the same idea you have and do the same.  Right now, you control the market.

Sell it for $15, $20, $30, etc. It's all in your hands.  It is YOUR call. Don't forget that you are doing this as a service for which we'd pay you for eventually.

Paging @Lego Templar and his legendary find of Yellow Subs.

Somebody on Brickset actually found them.  Lego Templar just bought and distributed.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, B1ueseven said:

I need genuine answers.

29 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

Only you know what to do there. If you want to make future "contacts " that will keep you in mind for future deals they get, then a Small upcharge to make it worth your time would be best obviously.

I agree with what @Martae54 says it is always good to have some of the well connected active members on here "owing you one". 

Another thing you can do other then money if you are into collecting lego is this is a great way to build your own collection with trades.  Things like Darth Revan, Balloon cart, Mini T1 make for great trades.

• Like 2

I think below is market is fair for fellow brickpickers.  How much you charge will contribute to your "legend" or "status" or "reputation".  Like the Yellow Submarine.  But I've seen a lot of people on this forum help one another out at cost.  Much info is shared and advice given.

For sure if some specific brickpickerhelped you a lot, good to return the favor.  That's what makes this community run.  Best answer is contribute back to how much you felt this place helped you.

I donated to that school fund not really to help the kids, but to contribute back to this community.  ! So there's a bit of to each their own!  

Only thing you can go wrong is UPCHARGING above market here lol

Oh btw, thanks for even offering to pick it up! :P

Edited by thelovemachine

Thanks everyone for all the helpful responses. 

As everyone has stated, I want to help the community first and foremost, thereby hoping to have some favors in the future turned my way. 

So here's what I figure I'll do:

First, if anyone has a sealed Chrome Stormtrooper that they'd be willing to trade for a Lester + cash on my end, that'd be the real trade I'd be looking for. Otherwise any other SW polys that are slightly rarer I'd entertain offers for. I would ask, however, that any of these offers be evaluated on the market of the fig being $35, or so, roughly. Which most anyone would probably just rather buy one, but had to throw it out there. 

Other than that, I will sell everyone ONE for now, at the cost of $13 + shipping worldwide (wife's idea, she's just as in charge of the money as me so have to head some advice). I apologize for anyone who has previously messaged me about getting them more, but this will be the easiest way to distribute them to anyone who would like them, and I'm hoping most people wanting them are collecting. 

Also, if you'd like one, please message me as well. It will be easier that way for me to keep track. 

Hopefully this is fine, and fair, with everyone here. Any questions let me know. 

Also, so far I've gotten another 24 today, just as hoped, so have a decent stock starting again!

Edited by B1ueseven
Clarification, people telling me otherwise...
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, B1ueseven said:

Thanks everyone for all the helpful responses. 

As everyone has stated, I want to help the community first and foremost, thereby hoping to have some favors in the future turned my way. 

So here's what I figure I'll do:

First, if anyone has a sealed Chrome Stormtrooper that they'd be willing to trade for a Lester + cash on my end, that'd be the real trade I'd be looking for. Otherwise any other SW polys that are slightly rarer I'd entertain offers for. I would ask, however, that any of these offers be evaluated on the market of the fig being $35, or so, roughly. Which most anyone would probably just rather buy one, but had to throw it out there. 

Other than that, I will sell everyone ONE for now, at the cost of $11 + shipping worldwide (wife's idea, she's just as in charge of the money as me so have to head some advice). I apologize for anyone who has previously messaged me about getting them more, but this will be the easiest way to distribute them to anyone who would like them, and I'm hoping most people wanting them are collecting. 

Also, if you'd like one, please message me as well. It will be easier that way for me to keep track. 

Hopefully this is fine, and fair, with everyone here. Any questions let me know. 

Also, so far I've gotten another 24 today, just as hoped, so have a decent stock starting again!

Hey, if you fancy Good Tequila , Let me know !!!  In for one.. if possible.

Edited by boliramirez
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, thelovemachine said:

That is more than a fair price.  You are at mythical status. :P

Yeah, this is the beginning of the man, the myth, and the legend...

All hail His Grace, @B1ueseven of House Awesome, First of His Name, King of the Bricks and the Polybags, Lord of the Lesters, Sword of Fairness, and Protector of the Wallets.

LONG MAY HE REIGN!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, B1ueseven said:

Very rarely have been a poster on here but I'm currently in London and have already purchased 16 of them, all on one day, as my wife is here with me.

I'm in Seattle so might as well stock up on what I can get as rumors have it this will be a one year...

I'm based in Seattle too and will be in London this weekend so don't clean them all out, lol! Hoping to get 6 total for me and a couple friends. My daughter goes to school just outside London so maybe she can help me. 

1 minute ago, JimboJet said:

I'm based in Seattle too and will be in London this weekend so don't clean them all out, lol! Hoping to get 6 total for me and a couple friends. My daughter goes to school just outside London so maybe she can help me. 

Haha there is so many mate it's insane. They won't run out. And plenty of people are catching on about them I think too. Easy to 6 in one run. My wife and I went three times today and each got 6 a turn. Good luck. The store is awesome too! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, B1ueseven said:

I have gotten 24, which are all either sold or claimed. 

However, the Wife and I are going back for another 24 today, so I'll keep you posted. Shouldn't have any issues getting them though (it's pretty easy since there's two stories and we haven't seen the same people working yet.) 

Shipping to NZ might be a little more expensive, but I'm sure you already knew that. 

I would like one if still available!