Ideas #019: 21312 - Women of NASA

Val-E

12 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Lol. Im listening to npr and they are talking how this is hard to find and that people are selling it for twice the price on eBay 

the best part of the story was when they said that a geeky science boy or something along those lines would be interested in this set.  right.  sure. 

i've come to the conclusion this set makes adults feel good about themselves on several levels but in terms of childhood interactivity, its weak. 

its precipitous drop in demand portends mass returnage since the horde lost its mojo and willingness to raise the price.

Edited by cladner

folk with volume too.  Target helped a lot of people to stock up with no limits.  This will be at $35-40 shipping for awhile to churn the quick flippers out.   

The silver lining is for those holding -- was easy stock builder and long term ROI is excellent with a small set.   Doubt a 2nd major run like the RI/Exosuit as plenty of international stock without issues.  

8 minutes ago, montreid said:

folk with volume too.  Target helped a lot of people to stock up with no limits.  This will be at $35-40 shipping for awhile to churn the quick flippers out.   

The silver lining is for those holding -- was easy stock builder and long term ROI is excellent with a small set.   Doubt a 2nd major run like the RI/Exosuit as plenty of international stock without issues.  

there was much more than 2nd run for EXO and RI. RI got absorbed by demand. EXO is still lagging... 

Guest TabbyBoy
11 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

there was much more than 2nd run for EXO and RI. RI got absorbed by demand. EXO is still lagging... 

I agree, RI had several runs and I was ordering 5x back-to-back consistently. The 5x Exo Suits took over a year past EOL to sell and I made 1p on each one - result!

stabilized at 39.75 ... for now and close to the floor for most sellers even with no sales tax or exemptions on hand.   

As for production runs; not talking about original scheduled batches that's intermittent over weeks; but the adding on of additional runs beyond the initial established production run.  RI and Exosuit both had added on runs beyond their initial intent.   RI was scheduled right.  LEGO way overproduced on the exosuit thinking the same demand as RI.  

With NASA WON, the demand had an initial spike isolated in the US.   That along with normal sales outside US, I would doubt additional production runs will be added.  There maybe additional batches already in the pipeline, but only LEGO knows the depth and frequency of those if any.  

For now, WON is a long time hold and will perform much like RI is now in three years at x3 

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, superlegolover said:

900 on ebay 1f631.png

They'll make a lot less profit than the patient among us. Even the 2nd resellers buying off the 1st resellers will make more. Of course, I pay RRP tops.

46 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

The forums are so repetitive these days. A handful of people who just regurgitate the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....

I can't stand that handful of people who just regurgitate the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....

Glad I can make original posts ?

On 11/24/2017 at 9:08 AM, cladner said:

i've come to the conclusion this set makes adults feel good about themselves on several levels but in terms of childhood interactivity, its weak. 

They can add 'Virtue Signaling' as a theme to the 'Interests' tab

I predict it will make only 70% of what Saturn 5 makes after retirement.

5 hours ago, montreid said:

stabilized at 39.75 ... for now and close to the floor for most sellers even with no sales tax or exemptions on hand.   

As for production runs; not talking about original scheduled batches that's intermittent over weeks; but the adding on of additional runs beyond the initial established production run.  RI and Exosuit both had added on runs beyond their initial intent.   RI was scheduled right.  LEGO way overproduced on the exosuit thinking the same demand as RI.  

With NASA WON, the demand had an initial spike isolated in the US.   That along with normal sales outside US, I would doubt additional production runs will be added.  There maybe additional batches already in the pipeline, but only LEGO knows the depth and frequency of those if any.  

For now, WON is a long time hold and will perform much like RI is now in three years at x3 

in my opinion, it will perform between RI and Exo :) if there are no additional production batches/runs etc.  why simply because availability of this set at target.com far out weight availability of RI. [ remember RI had a limit of 5 i believe. without more data it may mean nothing but i would have assumed it to vanish much like RI but again it didn't which means that even during this holiday season demand for WON is less than RI then :) btw sold my RI for 99 :) while got stuck with exo. 

we will know if there are additional batches by mid january :)

Edited by newbie77

Info above is all massive disinformation.  Sorry, but no ones knows the production runs and not a soul has any idea what 3 years from now will hold.  Rewind to 2013 and 2014 for some perspective.  The number of listings on this set is higher than anything I can recall, its completely stupid.  Today isn't like RI times, much less three years from now.  The lego game these days doesn't play on a threeyear or 5 year clock anymore.  Coming from a guy that was,building a 500k portfolio of plastic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, waddamon said:

Info above is all massive disinformation.  Sorry, but no ones knows the production runs and not a soul has any idea what 3 years from now will hold.  Rewind to 2013 and 2014 for some perspective.  The number of listings on this set is higher than anything I can recall, its completely stupid.  Today isn't like RI times, much less three years from now.  The lego game these days doesn't play on a threeyear or 5 year clock anymore.  Coming from a guy that was,building a 500k portfolio of plastic.

@waddamon do you still remember ROI on #76005 or that was someone else back in 2015 that i was cautioning to not buy @ 41,99  [ i believe] fast forward to dec 2017 and its only 69,99 [https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Super-Heroes-Daily-Showdown/dp/B00A850VBA] . if net=$54,49 whooping 30% ROI and 9% AROI .. so its better than bank but there were better sets available during those times. :) again no hard feelings.. let the record speak for itself.

Edited by newbie77

41 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

@waddamon do you still remember ROI on #76005 or that was someone else back in 2015 that i was cautioning to not buy @ 41,99  [ i believe] fast forward to dec 2017 and its only 69,99 [https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Super-Heroes-Daily-Showdown/dp/B00A850VBA] . if net=$54,49 whooping 30% ROI and 9% AROI .. so its better than bank but there were better sets available during those times. :) again no hard feelings.. let the record speak for itself.

I think I sold these in 2015 for the same price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, waddamon said:

You can say that for any resale item.  Wii, Elmo, PS3, LEGO....take your pick.  The resale market was very different then compared to now.   Folk readily buy 1 for me buy 1 for resale these days and the market gets saturated very quickly.

Back in 2013 no one thought Taj would be released again nor UCS MF either.  That's a costly hold too if one held this long .

You're completely correct about all this being speculation -  even at 1/2 million worth.  it's still speculation.