Ideas #019: 21312 - Women of NASA

Val-E

4 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Umm, how good the build is, how nice it looks on my CEO desk/shelf? How it keeps going to backorder 30 days.

That´s the issue with these sets, when the hype subsides there is no substance or style.

Amazon US sales rank is pretty darn good: 111 in Construction toys,  1k in toys. Why not talk about that?

Shut up shut up shut up shut up... Now everyone knows that.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
24 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Mabe someone should tell TLG so they can keep it in production another 3 years.

For all we know, it’s another 9yrs and another 8yrs for the rocket. The VW Camper is running until 2022 so why not?

Edited by TabbyBoy

• 3 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, cladner said:

well at least its down from 400+ sellers - only 172 at the moment .. maybe this could make exo look like a winner.  nah - nothing can out dull that turd.

I made about £1 profit on each of my Exo Suits, still better than any savings account. 

Guest TabbyBoy

Very available in the UK and piled up high everywhere with seal codes only a few days old. I think we now have to get used to extended life spans for IDEAS sets. I honesty can't see WoN or S5 retiring for many years and I best those designers will make a pretty penny due to the millions of sets sold.

28 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:

More puzzling that it's supposedly only temporarily out of stock.  You would hope they'd take the opportunity to actually flush that turd.

Not a chance, it's one of the biggest sellers of all time.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

It is listed as "Retiring Soon" in the physical Shop at Home Christmas catalog.

Oh... so it's has less then 5 years to go? LOL

4 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Oh... so it's has less then 5 years to go? LOL

I feel like the big black bird already told you either directly or indirectly WoN was on its way out months ago.  

As an investor, I don't like the set.  I think it will eventually get to 3x+ RRP over time, but I will have already turned 2x - 3x on other similarly priced SKUs with much more upside over next 12 to 18 months.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
57 minutes ago, ChristopherJB said:

haha, people still following this thing? Not even an investment anymore.

LOL - just wait. I remember the Delorean being available everywhere for ages and often with discount and on 3-for-2 sale, just look at it now. NASA has a lot of followers so this set could be around for a few more years, but will still do well... eventually.

Remember, we're now in an era where selling at 1x RRP after fees is deemed a good result.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

LOL - just wait. I remember the Delorean being available everywhere for ages and often with discount and on 3-for-2 sale, just look at it now. NASA has a lot of followers so this set could be around for a few more years, but will still do well... eventually.

Remember, we're now in an era where selling at 1x RRP after fees is deemed a good result.

That is meant for the United States. If that market is flooded, good luck selling elsewhere. Money is better placed on the Big Ben or London Bus in your part of the world.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, ChristopherJB said:

That is meant for the United States. If that market is flooded, good luck selling elsewhere. Money is better placed on the Big Ben or London Bus in your part of the world.

NASA is huge in the UK, hence the 6x RRP for the Mars Rovers and initial TOOS for S5 an WoN. Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben is incorrect) and the bus could have a 10 year run like Tower Bridge so they are very poor investments right now. This is coming from a guy who bought over 450 Mars Rovers when they were very available.

NASA is a no brainer for me, end of ?

7 hours ago, hockeyweasel said:

Anyone else notice this thing quietly go to Out of Stock on US SAH?

Oh, wait. Clicking on the product page shows that it is only Temporarily Out of Stock.

Oh, well. I was hoping the countdown until it went above RRP could begin.

it's in between the initial batch and the last run, which coincidentally had its certification yesterday.  Pretty late in the year to get a batch for a set that is retiring but it can happen.

probably see it be available into the new year like a few sets with late batches that retired did last year.

2 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

it's in between the initial batch and the last run, which coincidentally had its certification yesterday.  Pretty late in the year to get a batch for a set that is retiring but it can happen.

probably see it be available into the new year like a few sets with late batches that retired did last year.

Sup BBB

34 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

NASA is huge in the UK, hence the 6x RRP for the Mars Rovers and initial TOOS for S5 an WoN. Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben is incorrect) and the bus could have a 10 year run like Tower Bridge so they are very poor investments right now. This is coming from a guy who bought over 450 Mars Rovers when they were very available.

NASA is a no brainer for me, end of ?

I guess I better load up boat loads of the Saturn and WoN then. The Mars Rover was a different story buddy. It had a short run. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, ChristopherJB said:

I guess I better load up boat loads of the Saturn and WoN then. The Mars Rover was a different story buddy. It had a short run. You are comparing apples and oranges.

If S5 and WoN have a very long run of, say 500,000+ units, there are still many millions of NASA fans who may want them, time will tell. I can still make a profit at 1x RRP which will do me and I'm in no rush. I'm seriously thinking if buying another 100 of each from John Lewis as a special bundle for £109.99.

I had the same "advice" regarding the Research Institute and so glad that I ignored that too.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
10 hours ago, Villager Chris said:

I had one delivered from SAH last week. Seal code has it as relatively new stock. 

Any advances on 42S8? Still hot off the press ;-(

Even the newest Brickheadz I see are older than that.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Lego Benito said:

I've got 200 pallets of these. Going to be huge. If not, I'll build a house with them post-Brexit.

Is that all? If Research Institute is anything to go by, I'll be a smug bugger in a few years time ?

Sell your house now and buy a similar one back for 50% off after Brexit ? (If IT ever happens!)