Ideas #019: 21312 - Women of NASA

Val-E

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Scatterbug said:

Are there buying limits at UK Toys R Us?

Yes, Reading is one per purchase!

I was going to order two from LEGO, but there’s no way I’m paying postage and there’s no other set or promo worth having apart from “the one that you’re not allowed to order”. There’s plenty of time as it’ll probably be overproduced and very non-exclusive since TRU have it. I can wait for JL and get a shed load.

UPDATE: JL allowed me to put 728 of them in my basket so they’ll be plentiful and very available. I’ll not bother right now as I expect discounts before Xmas and maybe another Tesco 3-for-2. Of course, the QFLLs have already flooded eBay.

Edited by TabbyBoy

In Poland it's already available on biggest e-commerce auction service for 102% RPP (100 Boxes available) which means B2B Lego partners received their copies same day as the release of the set otherwise including fees ppl would be on the significant minus after sale fees, packaging and shipping.
Smaller B2B Lego partners are receiving sets for 50% RPP which means this set is not exclusive at all.

Rather no space for any type of QFLL over there.

14 minutes ago, Shewie said:

In Poland it's already available on biggest e-commerce auction service for 102% RPP (100 Boxes available) which means B2B Lego partners received their copies same day as the release of the set otherwise including fees ppl would be on the significant minus after sale fees, packaging and shipping.
Smaller B2B Lego partners are receiving sets for 50% RPP which means this set is not exclusive at all.

Rather no space for any type of QFLL over there.

its the calm before the sellout.  amazon hasn't sold out yet.  once news outlets pick up the story, interest will perk up.  already up to $99 on walmart.com from vermont good buys :P or this will be exo-suit part deux .

Edited by cladner

1 minute ago, cladner said:

its the calm before the sellout.  amazon hasn't sold out yet.  once news outlets pick up the story, interest will perk up.  or this will be exo-suit part deux .

I have a feeling potential buyers will remember Research Institute wasn't that exciting.

• Thanks 1

Just now, cladner said:

its the calm before the sellout.  amazon hasn't sold out yet.  once news outlets pick up the story, interest will perk up.  or this will be exo-suit part deux .

first and foremost our markets differ in certain aspects so I do believe if this will sell out completely in US QFLL frenzy will be in perfect timetable spot to arise.
on the other hand 12h live and zero boxes sold in Poland even for 102%RPP, speaks for itself and You'd have to buy 3 of those to get the free shipping in Poland.
So demand leaves a lot to desire in PL.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

Probably a silly question, but this inquiring mind wants to know. Does Target ban for too many returns or returns of the same item?

much less likely and less awkward to return several smaller orders than 1 larger order but in general the practice of ordering and returning is frowned upon.

• Like 1

I thought the news outlets already picked up the story.

Maybe our target audience...the non-AFOLs buying gifts for Christmas...need to wake up, commute, and go online shopping on their first break before these sell out.  The only thing it's got going for it is the hype.  No playability, so kids don't want it.  Just nerdy adults.

5 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:

I thought the news outlets already picked up the story.

Maybe our target audience...the non-AFOLs buying gifts for Christmas...need to wake up, commute, and go online shopping on their first break before these sell out.  The only thing it's got going for it is the hype.  No playability, so kids don't want it.  Just nerdy adults.

i don't know.  knocking that stack of binders  over could be kind of entertaining.  then you get to restack them. 

my wife the afol thinks this set sucks and is making fun of me for "wasting my day" driving around looking for these.  deja vu all over again.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

I agree with her on the sucks part, but not necessarily on the waste of time part.  Nothing that great about RI, either, but that wouldn't have been a waste of your time in 2014 before Christmas.

Kudos to the people who take the risk and make out big.  I'm not able or willing to do so and will top out at about 6 for the time being.

Edited by hockeyweasel