Ideas #019: 21312 - Women of NASA

Val-E

3 hours ago, Val-E said:

Ok, so it has just gone to backorder (for a week) at EU SAH. On EU Ebay, only those crazy Brits seem to be willing to pay a premium so far - we´ll have to see if that changes now it is on backorder. Can´t see the thing on EU Amazon and only 4 sold on Bricklink at 31.20 Eur.

It´s not exactly rocket science to see that once again there is some type of US hype bubble that has maybe caught a bit of the English speakig market in Europe but this is in no way a home run must-have set in Europe like the Saturn or Falcon.

It still amazes me how different this works between the USA market and the (mainland) Europe market! On the Dutch local-ads site Marktplaats the Women of NASA sets are offered at RRP or just a few Euro above RRP (€30).

Though if LEGO Shop at Home remains sold out and the demand goes up, this may change slightly. We'll wait and see what happens...

6 hours ago, Scatterbug said:

Do buyers over there simply pay the first price they see on Amazon / eBay ?

Yep. Actually it goes Amazon first and then eBay follows. They are selling still on Amazon at the hiked price and it’s at 99.99 USD. eBay is right around 45 Buy  it now for the lowest and it’s slowly rising. I think it’ll get to 100 too once it sells out completely everywhere or it gets closer to Christmas but it doesn’t always hit Amazon prices.

Edited by DivingDW

1 minute ago, odysea11 said:

It wasn't that way an hour ago.......

if you F5 it there's a listing for $99.99 that shows up - i'm guessing people have the items in their shopping carts at the moment but still surprising that we are not seeing more listings (i'm sure that will change by later today when deliveries are showing up).

1 hour ago, Haay said:

It still amazes me how different this works between the USA market and the (mainland) Europe market! On the Dutch local-ads site Marktplaats the Women of NASA sets are offered at RRP or just a few Euro above RRP (€30).

Though if LEGO Shop at Home remains sold out and the demand goes up, this may change slightly. We'll wait and see what happens...

What´s even more amazing is how many Americans clearly still don´t knw SAH exists. Of course, all the influencers give affiliate links to Amazon.....

5 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Shows the same for Amazon.ca ... since amazon won’t ship LEGO across the border, stock and pricing on each side is different. But it appears that it’s legit gone at retail for now.

its was gone at retail and was gone from third party - there were no listings current.  had never have seen that one before.

enterprising amazon seller Grand Emporium now has the listing to themselves has the buy box with the low price of $119.99.  :) 

Image result for hold the line meme

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DivingDW said:

Yep. Actually it goes Amazon first and then eBay follows. They are selling still on Amazon at the hiked price and it’s at 99.99 USD. eBay is right around 45 Buy  it now for the lowest and it’s slowly rising. I think it’ll get to 100 too once it sells out completely everywhere or it gets closer to Christmas but it doesn’t always hit Amazon prices.

In a nutshell: reselling is a piece of pi$$ over the pond.

Do they not know that Lego is available from...um... Lego?

Edit: yes, this post is driven by envy

Edited by Scatterbug

27 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Legitimately Completely Sold out (my last 1 was sold a few hours ago). Now I wished I bought 99 from Target :( 

I feel the same way.  Kudos to you who bought big.  I simply couldn't take the risk, but the 3 I have in hand I listed this morning at 7:45 AM and by 9:45 they've all been bought and paid for at $60.  I thought surely LEGO knew how many of RI v2.0 they needed to produce to cover the hype, based on Research Institute version 1.  I completely forgot that this was TLG that we were talking about.

Edited by hockeyweasel
  • Like 2

I just bought a couple more from shop at home under a guest account since I am already maxed on my vip accounts.  still available at chapters indigo for an inflated msrp of $29.99 - but still at current prices, that's a double.

Isn't c$29.99 standard Canadian retail? Or does Chapters/Indigo have US branches too?

I did a big order yesterday from target but won't have it until Tuesday. I stopped by the lego store this morning, in stock there but limit one. I'll throw that one up and hope things stay hot until next week. I think the next two days could be the peak though as everyone will receive their big orders next Mon & Tues. 

• Like 1