Ideas #019: 21312 - Women of NASA

Val-E

Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, marcandre said:

I listed it on amz at the lowest price $113 + $4.99 and it sold immediately. This thing is on fire. 

Great, all Tabby's think alike. I sold 10 of mine this afternoon for £30 each cash - £140 profit.

Guest TabbyBoy
Just now, labfreak7 said:

So i thought my Target order had arrived, and I sold a few on Amazon vthis morning. Well when I opened the box, to my horror I found a different order had arrived. I jumped in the car to my local Lego store, and to my relief, there they were! )limit of 5. Whew!

I never list anything for sale until it's in hand and condition known, I've been stung before... badly. I now have 50 of my 250 sets from John Lewis and all are mint ;-) I collect the rest in the morning.

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, DivingDW said:

At the rate they are flying off the shelves now over here, we may see that profit on just one set. It’s gonna have to break the 125 level on amz then we’ll see.

I'm banned from Amazon (some sour deals in the past) so I may sell some on eBay using GSP once the price hikes up a bit. They hardly take up any space so I'm in no rush. I'm thinking £200 BIN with a free Saturn V thrown in!

4 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I never list anything for sale until it's in hand and condition known, I've been stung before... badly. I now have 50 of my 250 sets from John Lewis and all are mint ;-) I collect the rest in the morning.

Sage advice there.  I've had to rescind one order once because I miscounted a polybag but aside form that one time, you just need to be careful. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

Guest TabbyBoy
Just now, TANV said:

Sage advice there.  I've had to rescind one order once because I miscounted a polybag but aside form that one time, you just need to be careful. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

I remember once listing a Garbage Truck which I forgot that I gave away as a present and had to send the buyer a Volcano Exploration Base instead for the same cost. Of course, the buyer was very happy and I still made £3 on the sale! Phew!

Just now, CosmicSpeed said:

Ebay listings seems to be going for less, but get-em while you can!

I can see that, I'm not greedy and 2x buy-in within a few days for some of my stock will do me. Sell half now to pay for the rest for the long haul.

Guest TabbyBoy
Just now, Legolassy said:

never thought i would feel like an idiot for selling at 79!

I can't understand the thought processes of some buyers. Even in the UK, why not just order from LEGO?

Don’t get it. In U.K. the RRP is £20 and it is still available to order. Nonetheless selling on eBay for about £30, so after fees and P&P, you’ll clear £5. Don’t understand why people are hoovering this up. Margins are too low and if this does not sell out or demand peters out, that’s a lot of inventory to hold for over a year

Guest TabbyBoy
20 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

Lego haven't even dispatched mine yet, still in warehouse. 

Don't hold you breath and DON'T list for sale yet.

My order was cancelled for no reason! Just as well I got to John Lewis in time. I'm now tempted to return everything I bought recently out of spite back to LEGO. I love the product, but have grown to despise the company.

LEGO have really got up my nose recently so I'm going to email them a copy of my John Lewis receipt to piss them off saying, "How dare you treat your best resellers by having such pathetic buying limits?!"

Guest TabbyBoy

If a human being with the tiniest hint of cerebral activity Googles "LEGO 21312", one of the first hits would be their local LEGO online store. I really worry for the future of mankind. I'm happy to milk these idiots all day long ;-)