Ideas #019: 21312 - Women of NASA

Val-E

my advice is gtfo while  you can.  seller count has not dropped off.  multiple sellers with double digits.  sales rank has plummeted (#114).  city fire station is more popular than this set (#100).

with target showing stock, bn and tru in stores, amazon cannot be too far behind. 

make your $3 per set and drown your sorrows in nachos and beer. 

what will be devastating is when everyone has it in stock and there is price competition driving it to 27.99 like happened with bttf and exo.  and then there will be tears.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cladner said:

my advice is gtfo while  you can.  sales rank has plummeted (#114).  city fire station is more popular than this set (#100).

with target showing stock, amazon cannot be too far behind. 

make your $3 per set and drown your sorrows in nachos and beer. 

what will be devastating is when it comes back at $27.99 and then there will be tears.

If anyone wants to dump at $17,99 I will buy :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, cladner said:

what will be devastating is when everyone has it in stock and there is price competition driving it to 27.99 like happened with bttf and exo.  and then there will be tears.

But look at BTTF now. I WISH I would have bought more than the two I picked up. I sold both over a year ago for $100 cash via CL. These WoN will just be a long term hold. I only have two anyway, so I’m not worried about funds being tied up. If I had a warehouse full, I might be singing a different tune.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, legodelorean said:

But look at BTTF now. I WISH I would have bought more than the two I picked up. I sold both over a year ago for $100 cash via CL. These WoN will just be a long term hold. I only have two anyway, so I’m not worried about funds being tied up. If I had a warehouse full, I might be singing a different tune.

You think WoN is going to perform like BTTF long term?  Not a chance.  

Guest TabbyBoy
7 hours ago, legodelorean said:

No, I don’t think that. I do think that they’ll do okay after retirement. It might take time though. How well? I have no idea......I guess I’m optimistic. It’s no Exosuit, I can tell you that.

I think it's an easy 2-3x RRP a year after EOL. The good thing is that my 250 don't even take up a pallet so I can just stash and forget for a few years.

15 hours ago, plastic passion said:

with Target on ebay selling at retail, I guess its time to give my daughter $20 and have her return my 30+ sets back to Target....

this thing is dead in the water...... lol   

When people complain that lego "investing" is dead and then I see these comments , I know I am on still doing the right thing.....  

• Like 1

-the learning curve is slow on the old man.... lol....   only been into Legos for 1 year, still learning the ins and outs.    Realizing I would much rather be into something for 30-40% that is not retired versus something that is retired at rrp.   I came in with the Tumbler hoard so what do you expect?  lol       I also need to visit the boards more often to stay in touch with what is currently happening.   As Tabby said somewhere, this is just a small piece of the pie for me....   more fun than anything!    Peace, happy holidays to all.   PP 

Guest TabbyBoy
On 07/12/2017 at 4:33 PM, Achilles said:

If this thing is 3x RRP 1 year after retirement, I will tattoo your name on my chest.

LOL - the mods didn't like my tattoo then? ;-)

On 12/3/2017 at 3:17 PM, legodelorean said:

Found these at TRU today......

45824E56-DA46-48CF-BC67-F3521FC5AFFB.jpeg

Update on this. I went back to TRU this morning and all of these are gone from this section. It looks like they rearranged this exact spot with different sets. I looked around to see if they moved them to a different spot but I didn’t find any at all. It’s only been a week. I doubt they sold them all.