Ideas #019: 21312 - Women of NASA

Val-E

Guest TabbyBoy
14 minutes ago, richiej1979 said:

That mean's it'll be OOS by Friday then :D

You'll be fine as I always collect and won't be able to get to a branch anyway until the New Year. If these are being produced as much as people say, then a 50% discount should be possible.

Just now, TabbyBoy said:

You'll be fine as I always collect and won't be able to get to a branch anyway until the New Year. If these are being produced as much as people say, then a 50% discount should be possible.

My Kwik E-Mart came from Smiths, the box it was delivered it was huuuuuge and full to the brim with air cushions and as a result it's in absolutely perfect condition.

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, richiej1979 said:

My Kwik E-Mart came from Smiths, the box it was delivered it was huuuuuge and full to the brim with air cushions and as a result it's in absolutely perfect condition.

Thanks, it sounds encouraging so I may eventually order something from them ;-)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/6/2017 at 7:08 PM, TabbyBoy said:

I'm very happy to continue buying at £19.99 ?

On 12/7/2017 at 7:36 AM, TabbyBoy said:

I think it's an easy 2-3x RRP a year after EOL. The good thing is that my 250 don't even take up a pallet so I can just stash and forget for a few years.

On 12/3/2017 at 10:42 AM, TabbyBoy said:

There's a saying which will apply to this set eventually... "He who laughs last, laughs longest."

On 11/30/2017 at 3:37 PM, TabbyBoy said:

They'll make a lot less profit than the patient among us. Even the 2nd resellers buying off the 1st resellers will make more. Of course, I pay RRP tops.

On 11/21/2017 at 1:17 PM, TabbyBoy said:

LOL - it can be 1000 for all I care as I'm not selling mine until way after EOL to avoid returns ?

At least availabilty in the UK is limited with SaH having a Tescoesque limit of 2 and John Lewis being out of stock, TRU doesn't count as they only ship smashed worthless boxes.

In the longer term, this is one of those sets that could do better in the UK than the US.

Fast forward to today

"All sold for £18 each in one hit, £3 profit each. No point keeping them since they're everywhere with no limits. "

Classic Tabby

oh btw they did move up retirement to 2018 from 2019...

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Beautiful. When Tabby posted all that back then, I was giggling hard telling myself this guy is hurting by bag holding. The people into lego will move on to new sets and won't turn back to an insignificant set like this. NASA is a US-centric set. People in other countries don't care about it. It is not an iconic set like the Eiffel Tower. If they came up with a set like the Pyramids or Sphinx, I bet you the her will go jumping into those infinitely.

He's made £750 profit in one transaction. I'd change my tune for that.

How, when he stated that he was buying for 19.99 and sold for 18? Thats some crazy awesome math there.

I would also add the he and sellers like him are the reason for stores tightening up return policies. How many 9515 did he buy, brag about, then freak out and return badgering some poor retail employee? Just like emazers had a large part in eliminating lego from B&N coupons because he abused them on a massive scale. They are the ones that give resellers a bad name and need to be called out on it.

Edited by Migration
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

Guest TabbyBoy
4 hours ago, Migration said:

How, when he stated that he was buying for 19.99 and sold for 18? Thats some crazy awesome math there.

I would also add the he and sellers like him are the reason for stores tightening up return policies. How many 9515 did he buy, brag about, then freak out and return badgering some poor retail employee? Just like emazers had a large part in eliminating lego from B&N coupons because he abused them on a massive scale. They are the ones that give resellers a bad name and need to be called out on it.

Those are the ones I got from John Lewis at a discount and an extra bit off with vouchers so profit was £3 each. They’re very available so won’t exceed RRP buy much after EOL. When I first bought them, they were rare and sought after, not anymore!

Edited by TabbyBoy

On 7/21/2018 at 6:45 PM, Migration said:

You're splitting hairs. All resellers are scum.

• Like 2

Those are the ones I got from John Lewis at a discount and an extra bit off with vouchers so profit was £3 each. They’re very available so won’t exceed RRP buy much after EOL. When I first bought them, they were rare and sought after, not anymore!

How many Saturn Vs do you now have?

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

How many Saturn Vs do you now have?

Just under 200, about 3 pallets worth. If this set doesn't make a profit (based on RRP) within a year of EOL, there's really no point in carrying on. The risk now is massive hoarding as it's the best set to date and the risk of a re-release soon after. I've heard that the Mars Rover is coming back before Xmas.

The problem is, everyone has been hoovering up those Saturns waiting for them to retire. You'll have countless toy dealers with 99 each selling them for a tenner more than retail on Ebay for a long time. Then when it finally looks like stock is beginning to thin out a little, LEGO will bring out something similar and no-one will need to pay over the odds for the new one or the old one.

It´s telling that noone even cares to talk about WoN in the WoN thread!
More telling that 36 pages of this 37 page thread are from pre launch.
What is there to talk about? Everyone was hoping for Research Institute 2.0 and it didn't happen. Not sure how telling that is other than further evidence that lightning rarely strikes the exact same spot twice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

On 7/21/2018 at 10:45 AM, Migration said:

If people like emazers don't max out promo codes and coupons, someone else would. As a matter of fact, most people who are resellers would pretty much do the same as him if they are smart.

Tabby is probably making up stuff. I wouldn't buy into what he's saying. Nobody is stupid enough to stock up this set no would they be stupid enough to stock up on the Saturn set.

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Just under 200, about 3 pallets worth. If this set doesn't make a profit (based on RRP) within a year of EOL, there's really no point in carrying on. The risk now is massive hoarding as it's the best set to date and the risk of a re-release soon after. I've heard that the Mars Rover is coming back before Xmas.

if it wouldn't of been extended another year I'd be a lot more comfortable about it.   5-6 months left holding that many is a lot better than 18 more months.

I just can't justify holding 20k or so for that long anymore just to possible retirement.   Still a great seller now so might get extended again too.   

On topic be interesting to see if WoN can rebound any or if it still sits past 2018 with excess stock like some other shortened life sets.

56 minutes ago, redcell said:

What is there to talk about? Everyone was hoping for Research Institute 2.0 and it didn't happen. Not sure how telling that is other than further evidence that lightning rarely strikes the exact same spot twice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Umm, how good the build is, how nice it looks on my CEO desk/shelf? How it keeps going to backorder 30 days.

That´s the issue with these sets, when the hype subsides there is no substance or style.

Amazon US sales rank is pretty darn good: 111 in Construction toys,  1k in toys. Why not talk about that?

Edited by Val-E