Jump to content

Ideas #019: 21312 - Women of NASA

Recommended Posts

Guest TabbyBoy
On 11/8/2018 at 10:59 PM, raulaco said:

I agree to some extent but it still surely can be an indicator of how popular the item is and will be after retirement. The 21309 for example, same places available at retailers but the rocket is selling on ebay at least a few each day if not more, compare that to the WoN which is barely selling. Maybe the demand is just not there for the WoN or maybe the demand is just huge for the rocket. I just would of expected alot more sales through ebay at this time of year. 

We all know that S5 is a superb set and may be around for a very long time yet. However, I still have great feelings for WoN as it will be a good companion for the RI and S5 further down the line. If another female scientists set gets released, completionists will pay through the nose for WoN. It's hard to gauge demand for anything as eBayers may be holding for higher prices (like me) and nobody knows production figures and retailer sales figures. I admit, the current JLP offer for S5/WoN is very tempting and I would've honestly cleared them out if it was last year and I didn't already have over 250 of each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Val-E said:

The Won/SV bundle is a total no brainer for people in the UK as you get a free WoN on top of an already discounted set.

Agreed, but will they be packed so one doesn't damage the other?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, thebrickdad said:

Agreed, but will they be packed so one doesn't damage the other?

if you order 99 of each it should be OK. The margin won´t be great so it´s a volume turnover purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

demand is seriously waning on this set on amazon just as peak toy buying season starts.  dropped out of the top 100 sets (for reference SV is #48).

181 sellers at the moment.  you can imagine there are another 100 out there who haven't listed.  sure there are a lot of nasa fans just but the supply is more than met.

and this set just seems lacking the kid play magic that even RI had with the dinosaur build and the chem lab.  what fun - a stack of books!  mom- can i have that real lego space shuttle instead of this little tiny one?

the math of sales rank and seller count on this one point towards ecto1 like return.  that is not even 2x msrp 24 months post EOL.

investor beware.

good morning sunshine!  

Edited by cladner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TabbyBoy
47 minutes ago, cladner said:

demand is seriously waning on this set on amazon just as peak toy buying season starts.  dropped out of the top 100 sets (for reference SV is #48).

181 sellers at the moment.  you can imagine there are another 100 out there who haven't listed.  sure there are a lot of nasa fans just but the supply is more than met.

and this set just seems lacking the kid play magic that even RI had with the dinosaur build and the chem lab.  what fun - a stack of books!  mom- can i have that real lego space shuttle instead of this little tiny one?

the math of sales rank and seller count on this one point towards ecto1 like return.  that is not even 2x msrp 24 months post EOL.

investor beware.

good morning sunshine!  

It's obvious that we are now in an era of retail arbitrage so RRPs are rarely applicable. Even if I sell all my WoN and S5 at RRP in 2 years time, it's still a return far better than any bank. Ecto 1 has been a huge winner for most of us at it's making 2x after fees judging by average selling price. Because it's a tiny set, Worldwide postage will be reasonable and I'm happy to supply that little market. I also have an "in" to Australia so I have plans there too 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

It's obvious that we are now in an era of retail arbitrage so RRPs are rarely applicable. Even if I sell all my WoN and S5 at RRP in 2 years time, it's still a return far better than any bank. Ecto 1 has been a huge winner for most of us at it's making 2x after fees judging by average selling price. Because it's a tiny set, Worldwide postage will be reasonable and I'm happy to supply that little market. I also have an "in" to Australia so I have plans there too 😉

my ECTOs are making 3x times the original purchase price.. but the issue with AUS is that goddamned duty free entry limit up to 1000 NZD max.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:26 AM, MusiKyle said:

Nancy Grace Roman died today.

1. No, she died December 26th.

2. What is that set on the left? The Bogus Bricks version of WoN?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Phil B said:

1. No, she died December 26th.

2. What is that set on the left? The Bogus Bricks version of WoN?

 

Whoops!  Old news I guess, Bad info from my folks LOL.  Fail this morning... the image on the left looks like from the original Lego Ideas Submission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TabbyBoy

eBay UK sold prices now exceeding RRP after fees 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, Tarka said:

Still in stock at John Lewis at RRP. Limited to five per customer.

Not for much longer, hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what you guys have bought in at but I'm tempted to pick a couple up for interest's sake. Worst case scenario, I build one and give the other away as a Christmas present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, Tarka said:

Not sure what you guys have bought in at but I'm tempted to pick a couple up for interest's sake. Worst case scenario, I build one and give the other away as a Christmas present.

Not ideal, I averaged about £13.50 buy-in per set overall. However, I should still be able to clear a tenner on each later this month. My trump card will be selling the S5 after EOL with WoN and a Mars Rover. JLP bundling a discounted S5 with a freed WoN was a great deal and I loaded up again.

I've not built a WoN yet, perhaps I should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...