Jump to content

Ideas #019: 21312 - Women of NASA

Recommended Posts

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Scatterbug said:

Are there buying limits at UK Toys R Us?

Yes, Reading is one per purchase!

I was going to order two from LEGO, but there’s no way I’m paying postage and there’s no other set or promo worth having apart from “the one that you’re not allowed to order”. There’s plenty of time as it’ll probably be overproduced and very non-exclusive since TRU have it. I can wait for JL and get a shed load.

UPDATE: JL allowed me to put 728 of them in my basket so they’ll be plentiful and very available. I’ll not bother right now as I expect discounts before Xmas and maybe another Tesco 3-for-2. Of course, the QFLLs have already flooded eBay.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

available now limit 99 on target.com.  giddyup.

walmart sold out overnight.

 

Edited by cladner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

Let the Q F flood gates open

hoping a few big dogs chomp it up so its not an endless parade of penny undercutters .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Poland it's already available on biggest e-commerce auction service for 102% RPP (100 Boxes available) which means B2B Lego partners received their copies same day as the release of the set otherwise including fees ppl would be on the significant minus after sale fees, packaging and shipping.
Smaller B2B Lego partners are receiving sets for 50% RPP which means this set is not exclusive at all.

Rather no space for any type of QFLL over there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Shewie said:

In Poland it's already available on biggest e-commerce auction service for 102% RPP (100 Boxes available) which means B2B Lego partners received their copies same day as the release of the set otherwise including fees ppl would be on the significant minus after sale fees, packaging and shipping.
Smaller B2B Lego partners are receiving sets for 50% RPP which means this set is not exclusive at all.

Rather no space for any type of QFLL over there.

its the calm before the sellout.  amazon hasn't sold out yet.  once news outlets pick up the story, interest will perk up.  already up to $99 on walmart.com from vermont good buys :P or this will be exo-suit part deux .

Edited by cladner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cladner said:

its the calm before the sellout.  amazon hasn't sold out yet.  once news outlets pick up the story, interest will perk up.  or this will be exo-suit part deux .

I have a feeling potential buyers will remember Research Institute wasn't that exciting.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cladner said:

its the calm before the sellout.  amazon hasn't sold out yet.  once news outlets pick up the story, interest will perk up.  or this will be exo-suit part deux .

first and foremost our markets differ in certain aspects so I do believe if this will sell out completely in US QFLL frenzy will be in perfect timetable spot to arise.
on the other hand 12h live and zero boxes sold in Poland even for 102%RPP, speaks for itself and You'd have to buy 3 of those to get the free shipping in Poland.
So demand leaves a lot to desire in PL.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, exciter1 said:

I have a feeling potential buyers will remember Research Institute wasn't that exciting.

yes but this set comes with.... drumroll...  NAMEPLATES!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

Probably a silly question, but this inquiring mind wants to know. Does Target ban for too many returns or returns of the same item?

Some reported it worked like a charm for Lilly Pulitzer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

Probably a silly question, but this inquiring mind wants to know. Does Target ban for too many returns or returns of the same item?

much less likely and less awkward to return several smaller orders than 1 larger order but in general the practice of ordering and returning is frowned upon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

Probably a silly question, but this inquiring mind wants to know. Does Target ban for too many returns or returns of the same item?

Ask the guy who ordered 99 Beatles Subs....

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cladner said:

much less likely and less awkward to return several smaller orders than 1 larger order but in general the practice of ordering and returning is frowned upon.

Frowned upon....but everyone does it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

Frowned upon....but everyone does it. 

correct.  everyone does a lot of things that they don't discuss in the forums that might be frowned upon.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cladner said:

correct.  everyone does a lot of things that they don't discuss in the forums.

Not @exciter1, he tells us a little too much at times. ;)

Edited by lazuli16
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the news outlets already picked up the story.

Maybe our target audience...the non-AFOLs buying gifts for Christmas...need to wake up, commute, and go online shopping on their first break before these sell out.  The only thing it's got going for it is the hype.  No playability, so kids don't want it.  Just nerdy adults.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:

I thought the news outlets already picked up the story.

Maybe our target audience...the non-AFOLs buying gifts for Christmas...need to wake up, commute, and go online shopping on their first break before these sell out.  The only thing it's got going for it is the hype.  No playability, so kids don't want it.  Just nerdy adults.

 

i don't know.  knocking that stack of binders  over could be kind of entertaining.  then you get to restack them. 

my wife the afol thinks this set sucks and is making fun of me for "wasting my day" driving around looking for these.  deja vu all over again.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with her on the sucks part, but not necessarily on the waste of time part.  Nothing that great about RI, either, but that wouldn't have been a waste of your time in 2014 before Christmas.

Kudos to the people who take the risk and make out big.  I'm not able or willing to do so and will top out at about 6 for the time being.

Edited by hockeyweasel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...