Ideas #019: 21312 - Women of NASA

Val-E

Guest TabbyBoy
31 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

From the look of the box it looks like the same size as Dr. Who and they came in 3 per box.

I’ve not seen one yet so I may swing buy TRU to take a look, but will NOT give them a penny of my money ever again. BTW... John Lewis sold 75 since my last post, they could be OOS tomorrow. If so, then I’ll be going in big.

Guest TabbyBoy

I’m sat on the fence right now wondering if I should just clear out the few hundred left at John Lewis or not. I see Amazon has it listed as #1 toy, but I take that with a pinch of salt. If LEGOs limit was 4, I’d order 4 right now to get promo set and free delivery. I’d also be gutted if I bought a ton at RRP and then Tesco had them on 3-for-2 later this month, but I will be setting the alarm for these!

4 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I’m sat on the fence right now wondering if I should just clear out the few hundred left at John Lewis or not. I see Amazon has it listed as #1 toy, but I take that with a pinch of salt. If LEGOs limit was 4, I’d order 4 right now to get promo set and free delivery. I’d also be gutted if I bought a ton at RRP and then Tesco had them on 3-for-2 later this month, but I will be setting the alarm for these!

But but but..... you said you're not buying any more Lego anymore....... :P

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, CNH1974 said:

But but but..... you said you're not buying any more Lego anymore....... :P

If this is anywhere near as good and has a short a life as the Research Institute, it’s the easiest money maker in ages.

Guest TabbyBoy
20 minutes ago, CNH1974 said:

But not available, or searchable on Amazon.co.uk.

I know which is why I check US and EU sites for better deals ;-)

Amazon.com states it as #1,

The box looks the same size as the Exo Suit, bad omen?

Oi... you lot! I ain’t bought any yet!

Edited by TabbyBoy

15 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

We need the RI hype machine to do its job again. Otherwise this will be 2017 version of ExoSuit for sure :P:P:P  

That´s the last thing we need. A set should sell on its merits, not  because some random influencer gets paid to promote it or we get these crazy bubbles like Exo and RI had.

Edited by Val-E
  • Thanks 1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Djmunch said:

Dipped a toe in the water and bought 5 from John Lewis.

I got 3 from LEGO. I spoke to CS and they let me order 3 for the free delivery, but “don’t make a habit of it”.

But why is this limit 2 when RI and Exo were limit 5?

11 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I got 3 from LEGO. I spoke to CS and they let me order 3 for the free delivery, but “don’t make a habit of it”.

But why is this limit 2 when RI and Exo were limit 5?

Guess they wanted to avoid a repeat of Saturn V. Perhaps first day sales in Europe aren´t strong (it´s a holiday in many countries so people are out doing other stuff) and that´s why you got 3.

Just finished building mine.
Overall nice little charming set, Space Shuttle is a standout and minifigures ofc with many little printed details.
but the amount of unnecessary tiny bricks used to complete stands (especially M.Hamilton one) is just absurd.

overall I'd rate 7/10

Edited by Shewie