Ideas #019: 21312 - Women of NASA

Val-E

this set is being heavily promoted on some popular "girl" blogs which is going to end up driving stock outage at least in US.  my optimism is returning.  when i told my wife it was on A MIGHTY GIRL blog, her face went flat like i was telling her jacoby and meyers was on the case.   buy a few more was all she said. 

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy
Just now, ravenb99 said:

EU Case?? US cases are 4

That’s what a friend said who just collected 8 from TRU in UK. I pick up my case(s) on Friday.

27 minutes ago, cladner said:

this set is being heavily promoted on some popular "girl" blogs which is going to end up driving stock outage at least in US.  my optimism is returning.  when i told my wife it was on A MIGHTY GIRL blog, her face went flat like i was telling her jacoby and meyers was on the case.   buy a few more was all she said. 

Yeah, we mentioned that a while ago. Gingerbread House all over again. For me those are non sustainable demand bubbles but great for the flippers out there. Probably the most money to be made on this set ever is if it sells out now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I got 3 from LEGO. I spoke to CS and they let me order 3 for the free delivery, but “don’t make a habit of it”.

But why is this limit 2 when RI and Exo were limit 5?

you, such a distinguished hustler - and having not more than ONE SINGLE account for LEGO e-shop..:D.. 

6 hours ago, CNH1974 said:

Limit at SAH is 2. Doesn't qualify for the 24in1 set. Admittedly last year's 24in1 set was hard to sell on.

when I got mine two, I also didnt qualify for free shipping in Europe.. Previously I used to put in the basket some stupid wrapping paper (1,50 USD) that was the CHEAPEST thing Lego had online.. now.. even the paper is gone.. so I had to settle on some totally ridiculous batman keychain for cca 2 USD.. still better than to pay like 18 USD per shipping.

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

So the hope is for resellers to clear stock from every retailer, including Lego and then flip to an insatiable public? Mmmm....

Of course, the same goes for every nice new set. I’m not flipping as the market is already flooded. I’ll hang on for another 2yrs as I did with the RI sets. LEGO would’ve sold out if the limit was higher. JL have already sold over half.

11 hours ago, crayxlp said:

when I got mine two, I also didnt qualify for free shipping in Europe.. Previously I used to put in the basket some stupid wrapping paper (1,50 USD) that was the CHEAPEST thing Lego had online.. now.. even the paper is gone.. so I had to settle on some totally ridiculous batman keychain for cca 2 USD.. still better than to pay like 18 USD per shipping.

Did you call them? They helped me out.

19 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

But why buy now and at full retail? Future supply issues (assuming you're after 100's) and low chance of discount?

Greed.

Ppl are thinking same scenario will apply with this set as have happened with Apollo where many considered themselves to lost deal of the year not qfll'ing them early, understimating initial interest on other markets. They dont want to find themselves in the same spot again almost half year later. Thats why complaining about low lego purchase limit is visible here so broadly.

Edited by Shewie

3 minutes ago, Shewie said:

Greed.

Ppl are thinking same scenario will apply with this set as have happened with Apollo where many considered themselves to lost deal of the year not qfll'ing them early, understimating interest in other markets. They dont want to find themselves in the same spot again almost half year later. Thats why complaining about low lego purchase limit is visible here so broadly.

more like flashing back to Research Institute where they were selling for $100 for the few days after release on amazon after being featured on front page of nytimes.   5x the msrp making saturn v look like a joke.  i personally sold 5 for $100-119.  one was sent to a buyer with an incredibly rich address in beacon hill neighborhood of boston.  then like 3 months its back in my mail box - says buyer never picked it up or something.  they never contacted me for their money back either.  that's when i knew i was dealing with a different breed of buyer selling on amazon.  

Edited by cladner

Guest TabbyBoy

21110 RI is settling at 3x RRP on eBay in the UK and I'm still getting £30 cash easily locally for mine. Not bad for a £14.40 buy-in (2x VIP and promo sets). I was ordering max 5 back-to-back and LEGO never picked up on it. I'd do the same with 21312, but I'm not paying postage and missing out on a promo by ordering only 2. Response was HUGE when NASA Women were first rumoured so it can only succeed. I've already ordered a "nominal" amount of them.