10256 - Taj Mahal (2017)

Pseudoty

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

10256 Taj Mahal

Ages 16+. 5,923 pieces.
US $369.99 – CA $449.99 – DE 329.99€ – UK £299.99 – DK 2699.00 DKK

Discover the architectural wonder of the Taj Mahal!

Build and discover the Taj Mahal! The huge ivory-white marble mausoleum, renowned as one of the world’s architectural wonders, was commissioned in 1631 by the Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife, the Empress Mumtaz Mahal. This relaunched 2008 LEGO® Creator Expert interpretation features the structure’s 4 facades with sweeping arches, balconies and arched windows. The central dome, subsidiary domed chambers and surrounding minarets are topped with decorative finials, and the raised platform is lined with recessed arches. The model is finished with ornate detailing throughout and intricate tilework around the base. With more than 5,900 pieces, this set is designed to deliver a rewarding building experience and makes a great display piece for the home or office.

• LEGO® interpretation of the real-world architectural wonder, the Taj Mahal.
  • Relaunched 2008 model, featuring 4 facades with arches and arched windows; central dome, 4 subsidiary domed chambers and 4 minarets, all topped with decorative finials; raised platform lined with recessed arches; ornate detailing throughout; and intricate tilework around the base.
  • Divides into 7 modular sections for easier transportation.
  • Put your LEGO® building skills to the test with one of the largest LEGO models ever created
  • Special elements include 6 blue 16×32 baseplates, white 1x5x4 bricks with bow, lots of transparent elements, ‘Erling’ bricks and ‘jumper’ plates.
  • Measures over 16” (43cm) high, 20” (51cm) wide and 20” (51cm) deep.

26244771689_b96cbc581d_z.jpg?resize=625,

37311412204_e3556a66f2_z.jpg?resize=625,

37967281766_f934a1bd55_z.jpg?resize=625,

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

This sucks! I was really hoping the rumor was not true! As a huge Lego collector, I am frustrated to the point of giving up! If they take the collectibility aspect away, you are left with nothing but a box of cheap plastic. I am happy for those of you who get to finally have a Taj in your collection...but this is a really bad move from Lego. I am about ready to stick a fork in collecting....it's very quickly losing it's appeal. BOOOOOOO LEGO!! STOP BEING LAZY!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

many of us are going to get hurt holding 10189.  Other than the Blocks little bubble rumor last month (which some folks though it was going to be an Arch set), Lego did a much better job keeping this a secret than the innovation involved w/ this set.

looking back on the UCS MF teasers, Lego did keep mentioning 10189 in subtle ways.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Wow I'm stunned by this. 37 listings come up for 10189 on ebay, wonder if that goes up as the news spreads. 

If your holding anything nib and valuable that's older than 3-4 years I would suggest selling. No telling when Green Grocer or ISD gets reissued 'for the fans'

I have a NIB GG, but realistically I suspect I'll just be building it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shewie said:

I've made straight comparison between 2008 and 2017/18
I won't even comment this. It's just disappointing on so many levels.
"Change the box, add 100GBP LEGO TAX + 1000 instruction pages for morons and we are good to go"
have a look.
direct link:  https://i.imgur.com/YKG1edV.gifv

Is this why you changed your profile pic away from Jamie?!

LEGO is explicitly calling this one a re-release. Only reason they updated the box is because the janitor caught Jamie stealing the original from the vault. 

Edited by minicoopers11
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, kumas said:

imho modulars are safe, I would be really surprised if the old ones are remade in a near future

This Taj Mahal is sad and lazy, but re-releasing modulars would be inexcusable. That said, I can foresee a very similar modular to CC being made, but in different colours and with a proper interior.

The TM is shooting themselves in the foot. Re-releasing a modular would be shooting themselves in the liver.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A café corner with an interior has to be on the cards.  It fits the bill in terms of being a) one that a lot of people missed b) secondary values have increased significantly and c) no doubt they've gleamed from the boards that bogus bricks are selling lots of these.

Edited by Cheese
  • Like 1

A café corner with an interior has to be on the cards.  It fits the bill in terms of being a) one that a lot of people missed B) secondary values have increased significantly and c) no doubt they've gleamed from the boards that bogus bricks are selling lots of these.

Well, If Palace Cinema is retiring, they’ll need another corner modular. Might be the prime time for the CC rerelease.
  • Like 4