Has Anybody ever got close to beating the Video Game "Kaboom"

emazers

4 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

That's an awesome looking cabinet.....Surely that's an interchangeable controller panel. Seems like a waste of time to not have a panel with joysticks

Nope only plays kaboom. Arcade collectors usually look down on multigames, like what lepar is to brickpickers. He could have put sticks and buttons on that panel but I think he wanted a clean dedicated look. 

Here is the thread with a video https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=397912&highlight=kaboom

• Like 1

I didn't think there was a legitimate end to a game like this based purely on score. Here the game just freezes compared to Pac-Man's infamous kill screen bug when hitting stage 256 with the view glitching out as if suddenly going into test mode. Anyway one point shy of a million is impressive and considering the 'freeze', I don't see how the record can be beat.

8 hours ago, MarleyMoose said:

I beat the arcade game RoadBlasters in the 80's. I think it was 50 levels.  I sent in a special code for a certificate and got a t-shirt too.

That was a favorite quarter muncher of mine always playing whenever I saw the cabinet (sitting or standing). Same thing with S.T.U.N. Runner.