Shop at Home Store calendar and offers - December 2017

Val-E

7 hours ago, MrToes16 said:

Any expectations of other freebies that I expect to see a return appearance in the coming year?

My guess:

Krypto Saves the Day polybag

City Police Helicopter polybag

Minifigure Travel Pack

Build to Learn pack

Milano polybag...maybe?

Piggy Bank

Walmart around me has had Krypto Saves the Day polybags for awhile.

The Lego Store in Anaheim was giving away one the City Police polybags and the Milano polybag to all the kids on Halloween.

3 hours ago, kumas said:

are those 3-4x VIP points somehow top secret ? this year there was 3x VIP points period before the Easter (with vw mini promo) but nothing about it in the store calendar, can I expect something similar pre-Christmas ?

TLG wanted to boost sales before closing H1 knowing that they were at that time in year a way below the forecast.

TLG Marketing team will hold finger on the trigger during December to unleash eventually x3 VIP to boost stales right before the 24th.
December is the most important month in the toy industry and they are very aware of that. There is a family in Denmark with already clenched fists and some guy from company that sells bathroom radiators and cmo who used to sell eyelashes during majority of her professional career.

Edited by Shewie
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, The_Collector said:

The Lego Store in Anaheim was giving away one the City Police polybags and the Milano polybag to all the kids on Halloween.

These are the ones I feel most likely we will see again. Like some random promotional period in March where they are like "We need a freebie quick! Throw them the helicopters!"

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I guess they're going to give away a 100 VIP point with a Star Wars set purchase in lieu of the Vader Pod.  I can't imagine that would be for every Star Wars set that you bought at one go although with LEGO Shop at Home's IT it could be.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-darth-vader-pod-promo-clarification/

We have to inform that as part of our internal quality screening process, we have found that the Star Wars Metalized Pod 5005376 does not meet our strict standards.

Whomever makes a backroom deal for these is going to make some nice ROI. 

I kind of wonder the same - what makes ppl to stay away from misusing Amazon Policy - when you claim a damaged set received (value less than the shipping costs.. in this case below 8 EUR).. while filling a claim / dispute.. you got to keep the item and you get also the full refund.  I kind of hope that Amazon would strongly argue if you ordered 20+ items with original price of 6 EUR /  each and then tried to get them "for free" disputing that - miraculously arrived "all crushed".. 

19 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

We have to inform that as part of our internal quality screening process, we have found that the Star Wars Metalized Pod 5005376 does not meet our strict standards.

Whomever makes a backroom deal for these is going to make some nice ROI. 

FYI

They pulled off all the Keychains series with chromed surface. There were some serious QC concerns about the top cover surface that is applied on the chrome parts which are peeling of very quickly in contact with saliva. Kids which were putting VIP chromed minifigure and Gold Keychain minifigure in mouth were exposed to some serious danger because of that.

You won't see chromed parts in any LEGO variation, set etc anytime soon.
Investigation is ongoing and TLG is taking this very seriously.

<Inside info.>

afterthough
maybe that's why they decided to pull off and cancel the Pod's because the Vader's Lightsaber Hilt? which seemed to be chromed?

25 minutes ago, legodelorean said:

This may be a stupid question, but will they ship the freebie if your order is backordered? If so, what prevents people from abusing this practice by buying backordered items and then cancelling? I was curious to know if this goes on.

When I've had backordered items, the freebie came at the same time, not before.

27 minutes ago, legodelorean said:

This may be a stupid question, but will they ship the freebie if your order is backordered? If so, what prevents people from abusing this practice by buying backordered items and then cancelling? I was curious to know if this goes on.

If you order something else that is in stock yes then they ship that and the freebie they may even ship freebie again with backordered item meaning 2 freebies.

43 minutes ago, legodelorean said:

You are taking a chance with back orders. If they are out of the freebies, you don't get one when they fill the order. Lego does not ship freebies first.

33 minutes ago, havanapete said:

You are taking a chance with back orders. If they are out of the freebies, you don't get one when they fill the order. Lego does not ship freebies first.

Good to know. Thanks for replying and thanks to the other members for replying as well. I don’t shop at Lego shop at home too often so it’s good to know. 

6 minutes ago, Shewie said:

Dissapointed to see UK with 20% off and rest of the Europe with 25% off RPP.
-.-'
Anyway Porsche today discounted.
Amazon RPP for this set is RPP-33%
nice try Lego.

dont feel sad with 20 or 25 % discounts.. both are totally useless. Unless you get something around 50 % off it usually doesnt make any sense to spend money on such an item. personally (given the market saturation) I consider anything less than 49 % a laughing stock.. why? because overhere a few buy in the toychains for a full RRP.... the more intelligent ones sweep the ads servers and mostly are able to grab that particular set for 30-40 % off the RRP. They usually dont require a cash receipt.. bill.  Its a very competitive environment and thus 20-30 % off is just .. ridiculous

dont feel sad with 20 or 25 % discounts.. both are totally useless. Unless you get something around 50 % off it usually doesnt make any sense to spend money on such an item. personally (given the market saturation) I consider anything less than 49 % a laughing stock.. why? because overhere a few buy in the toychains for a full RRP.... the more intelligent ones sweep the ads servers and mostly are able to grab that particular set for 30-40 % off the RRP. They usually dont require a cash receipt.. bill.  Its a very competitive environment and thus 20-30 % off is just .. ridiculous

Id be perfectly fine buying last year's snowplows at 20-30% off seeing they are going for $50+ FBA. Or $199 RE or $240 secret marketplaces.

Please go find the elf secret marketplace thread.

Everyone has their own strategy. Those buying 100+ pizza delivery vans at $12 probably going to make a lot more than 99% of people posting here looking for the magic 50% off

Id be perfectly fine buying last year's snowplows at 20-30% off seeing they are going for $50+ FBA. Or $199 RE or $240 secret marketplaces.

Everyone has their own strategy. Those buying 100+ pizza delivery vans at $12 probably going to make a lot more than 99% of people posting here looking for the magic 50% off

2 years ago

14 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

those were the one BF doorbuster I didn't buy last year too (59.99 down to 29.99)...  Wife bought one for my niece.   Shows you what I know.   Other niece bought 41178.  Moral of the story listen to your nieces.

of course had we all bought 41176 they wouldn't be 240+ now either.  The ones that are always like that are the ones the majority usually missed.   

Edited by ravenb99
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

Different markets - different rules. In my particular case gets unpredictable exchange rate into the play, 10 + 2 % ebay selling fees dont help too much - not mentioning that since the ebay does not ""recognize" CZE as a standalone market,, you can choose only from the predefined UK postage options - totally OFF given the local conditions.. what else.. if your package doesnt meet the terms seen by ebay as DEFINED - the buyer compains, can even keep the already delivered item and ebay/paypal robs you of the full amount.. yeah.. I truly love this mammoths ebay, Amazon, Apple.. for whom NO LAWS evidently apply, because if you wanted to sue them you simply dont know at which court and at the end it would be just dismissed on the basis that that specific court is not eligible to decide your case.. 

oh well. sorry for the rambling. But is just that I see these gigacompanies truly as a danger to a civic, fair environment.. 

Edited by crayxlp

• Alpinemaps unpinned, pinned and unpinned this topic