Harry Potter loose sets YAY or NAY?

Rumor is that there are new HP sets coming summer 2018. What scenes and buildings those cover is anyone's guess. Note that the above are from the second series of HP sets, not the latest wave from 2010. Net, all depends on what your objectives are, how badly you want these, and how risk-tolerant you are should similar sets be part of the summer release.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Rumor is that there are new HP sets coming summer 2018. What scenes and buildings those cover is anyone's guess. Note that the above are from the second series of HP sets, not the latest wave from 2010. Net, all depends on what your objectives are, how badly you want these, and how risk-tolerant you are should similar sets be part of the summer release.

Actually these are all Wave 1 (2001) outside of Chamber of Secrets(2002).  While I prefer the latter waves from Harry Potter, this is a good buy at $200.

• Like 2

Yes, no questions. I've been collecting used HP sets, and they are worth the money - whether resale or for own collection. It's the time of the year where parents are looking for Christmas toys - this will definitely make you a profit.

The Castle will pull in $150 if complete.

I see the green snake for the chamber of secret, make sure it is complete - this is quite expensive by its own going by BL alone.

Fluffy is there as well, looks good.

Check and make sure you get the rarer mini figures.

• Like 1

HP is an easy yes, if the price is right... soo easy to move & already gaining a premium before the 2018 movie even hits. 

UDo have to watch out for missing parts thou, sometimes it's just easier to bulk-lot em, for example the knife teeth for the Basilisk (snake) are nearly $12 each, used.

I hope you bought it. I've made 250% return or better on almost every 2001 HP set I've had the pleasure to flip. Best earner of this venture by far. 

Edit: If you're not in a rush to flip it, I'd say price high with OBO. Many people will pay the premium asking price outright, but if you price high you'll at least get your target margins with almost a guarantee. 

Edited by Zelgazra
  • Like 1