10260 - Downtown Diner

DadsAFOL

If the reddit pic is accurate, it looks similar to the diner downtown where I live.  Maybe later I'll walk downtown and take a pic of the diner and the block in which it resides.  It's not as gaudy as this set looks, but you'll see the similarities.  The set is very Americana inspired.  It'll be curious how well it sells around the world.

1 hour ago, gregpj said:

Maybe Jamie was busy with the interior for the Cafe Corner vault release.

no, he was busy with finding the right place for infamous "one extra brick" that comes with Taj Mahal 2017 to have the right justification for increased price by 30% in UK.

Edited by Shewie

If true this build looks much like a Snailad MOC and that is surely something. This Diner fits the general 50s aesthetic including the soda jerk at the front.

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Is this a corner building or just another to add to the row?

It is a straight/side building from what I can see. Plus going by LEGO's traditional modular release pattern, it should be (straight / business, residential).

39 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

It is a straight/side building from what I can see. Plus going by LEGO's traditional modular release pattern, it should be (straight / business, residential).

I think it looks like a corner. Hard to be exactly sure on the width of the building since I can't see where it ends on right but it's only about 24-26 studs wide from I can see.  Also the corner white plates above the window look like they wrap around the corner to possibly a similar window section on the side.