10260 - Downtown Diner

DadsAFOL

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

The most famous diner in the world is one of them.

I guess they just couldn't fit "Jamie's Restaurant" on the front in 32 studs or less so they had to simplify it to "Diner" (though the front door says "Jim's" .. I guess Tim's might have been a shade too close to Tom's).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infiltrator said:

I just found the leaked pic. Did anyone check the modular skyline down there? It shows all modulars and the retired ones are greyed out.
The palace cinema is already greyed out AND THE BRICK BANK! Anyone recognized that or am I blind? Maybe a surprise retirement?
Any thoughts?
Greetings, Infi

Or the Brick Bank is already grey and white.

Looks like they tore the page out of whatever catalog and crumpled it up in order to smuggle it out of wherever they were. Chinese industrial espionage at its finest. 

Edited by hockeyweasel
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:
2 hours ago, Infiltrator said:

I just found the leaked pic. Did anyone check the modular skyline down there? It shows all modulars and the retired ones are greyed out.
The palace cinema is already greyed out AND THE BRICK BANK! Anyone recognized that or am I blind? Maybe a surprise retirement?
Any thoughts?
Greetings, Infi

Or the Brick Bank is already grey and white.

Looks like they tore the page out of whatever catalog and crumpled it up in order to smuggle it out of wherever they were. Chinese industrial espionage at its finest. 

I'm going with HockeyWeasel - if you look closely you see hints of color on the ground floor canopies, and the white of the second floor is brighter than the shades of white in the greyed out buildings.

Not that I would mind a surprise early retirement now that I've got my copy of BB :)

• Thanks 1

I'm going with HockeyWeasel - if you look closely you see hints of color on the ground floor canopies, and the white of the second floor is brighter than the shades of white in the greyed out buildings.
Not that I would mind a surprise early retirement now that I've got my copy of BB

Ok, thanks for the info.
I was wondering because it will fit to the -20% off at Lego LEGO Shop at Home during the 23-27th Brick Friday celebration in Europe. They will get rid of many 10251 Brick Banks during that promo.

21 hours ago, Mos_Eisley said:

I think it looks like a corner. Hard to be exactly sure on the width of the building since I can't see where it ends on right but it's only about 24-26 studs wide from I can see.  Also the corner white plates above the window look like they wrap around the corner to possibly a similar window section on the side. 

At first I thought it looked like a corner building, but looking at it a bit closer I think it's more like an alley with stairs a bit further back.

22 minutes ago, paulvdb said:

At first I thought it looked like a corner building, but looking at it a bit closer I think it's more like an alley with stairs a bit further back.

Yeah it I saw the stairs down the alley, but since they haven't done an alley before on an individual modular,  I wasn't too sure about that.  Maybe that's how you get to the upper floors on this one. It looks like there are decorations on the alley side of the upper walls (you can see stuff sticking out a bit from the corner) so maybe a new type of style. 

1 hour ago, Captain_chaos said:

I do like it, but I don't think that it's what they should have released now. Parisian Restaurant is still on sale, and in many ways is very similar to this, so 2 of the 5 modulars on sale will be non-corner eating establishments, with steps on the side, and residential stuff above.

If you look closely, you can defenitly see that the diner is a corner set ... No pin what so ever on the picture and both views have a great finish