10260 - Downtown Diner

DadsAFOL

4 hours ago, Haay said:

It follows the exact same pricing difference shown already with Brick Bank (£130 in UK, €150 in Germany, €170 in The Netherlands). 

Maybe the Danes are scared the Germans will invade them again if the Germans don't get preferential treatment! :D 

Not for us, it doesn´t! BB was 150 euros and even PR and DO only 160.

4 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Not for us, it doesn´t! BB was 150 euros and even PR and DO only 160.

PR and DO were €160 as well for us, but BB was already €170 since its release. I guess TLG realised there was still enough price-elasticity to raise the Creator Expert Modulars price in Spain without impacting their profits. And now you're more screwed than we Dutchies are, because we can still drive to Germany and buy it there. :P 

7 minutes ago, Haay said:

PR and DO were €160 as well for us, but BB was already €170 since its release. I guess TLG realised there was still enough price-elasticity to raise the Creator Expert Modulars price in Spain without impacting their profits. And now you're more screwed than we Dutchies are, because we can still drive to Germany and buy it there. :P 

Well, I haven´t paid more than 50% o RRP for my last 4 modulars and I guess now it will be easier still since RRP is even higher.

50 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Well, I haven´t paid more than 50% o RRP for my last 4 modulars and I guess now it will be easier still since RRP is even higher.

Unfortunately I'm not able to get such steep discounts on these Creator Expert Modular sets which are not carried widely by Dutch toy retail stores.

For my personal build I'm already happy if I can get them at 30% off RRP and even that is pretty hard to get here.

8 hours ago, Val-E said:

We're going to have to talk about where you pick up your modulars in Spain... In France, like Haay said, we're lucky to get %30 and I've only found PC at that. 

I can see this set pairing nicely with a slightly modified Ford Model A Hot Rod from 75875 for that Grease feel. Maybe the 2018 Speed Champion mystery Ford will be a vintage now?

I've got my Marty McFly and Doc Brown minifigs all at the ready. Working on a manure truck MOC. Anyone want to sell me a Delorean for RRP ;-)
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I've got my Marty McFly and Doc Brown minifigs all at the ready. Working on a manure truck MOC. Anyone want to sell me a Delorean for RRP ;-)

Don´t forget Town Hall too. The modular series is actually a ruse as it is all about BTTF.

• Like 2

This seems to be priced wrong to me as its priced as a corner modular in the UK not a straight one perhaps they are predicting a poor sales in the UK which I think is realistic.

Edit: why is the letterbox red if it is based on US I thought it was blue?

Edited by Will 4

22 minutes ago, binary_storm said:

When I looked on SAH yesterday this had a bunch of indifferent/negative reviews. Today they seem to have been purged. Fair enough I guess, you can't really review something that hasn't been released yet, although it might also indicate a lack of love for this set compared to earlier modulars.

Maybe this set is just too American. Can't say I've experienced delightfully tacky diners elsewhere in the world, sans Canada.

• Like 1

When I looked on SAH yesterday this had a bunch of indifferent/negative reviews. Today they seem to have been purged. Fair enough I guess, you can't really review something that hasn't been released yet, although it might also indicate a lack of love for this set compared to earlier modulars.

Same thing happened with AoH before it came out.

Honestly though, reviews before the set’s release are stupid and I don’t blame them for removing them.
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...