10260 - Downtown Diner

DadsAFOL

Me too, points from SW Microfighters should about pay for it.

Newbie here. Is there a FAQ I can read that will decipher this post for me? SW microfighters = Star Wars. How did you get “points” and what was your strategy? Those are relatively inexpensive so you’d have to have bought a ton of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

6 minutes ago, calmdahn said:

Newbie here. Is there a FAQ I can read that will decipher this post for me? SW microfighters = Star Wars. How did you get “points” and what was your strategy? Those are relatively inexpensive so you’d have to have bought a ton of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

There was a deal a couple weeks ago at Shop.Lego.com where you got 100 points ($5) for every Star Wars Lego purchase.  If you spent $75, you also got a free London Bus promo.  Keep your eyes on the Daily Deals and you should catch these deals when they are available.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pet-Brick-er said:

why not, a masterbuilder doesn't need an alternative build instruction, he has creativity

That's a little rude. Other people come up with fantastic ideas sometimes, like this one, and it would be nice to build it. You like building the original set plan, for a set, right? The only reason to say you never would like plans from someone else is if you think you could always do a better job creating a MOC than anyone else.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:59 AM, crayxlp said:

Too bad that modulars dont offer the same 2-in-1 versatility as Technic Sets.. this looks awesome! I like it even more than the "original".

It's nice but I'd prefer something like the car dealership that was shown during the 10260 design briefing video with the glass frontage downstairs and turntable for car. I believe they ended up discounting it as it was too small a space to really display cars with room for figs to walk around them.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:59 AM, crayxlp said:

Too bad that modulars dont offer the same 2-in-1 versatility as Technic Sets.. this looks awesome! I like it even more than the "original".

Being a Creator set, it should include three instructions! Ha. ....Honestly I could not even imagine trying to come up with three different builds all using the same selection of pieces for something this large. :swoon: Anyway that is a nice find reminding me just how much I love the colors used in the set here.

2 hours ago, marcandre said:

The moc and the diner itself look like friends sets. The ugliest modular by a wide margin. 

The MOC looks like, well, a MOC.  But I disagree about the Diner modular itself.  Easily the best modular released in awhile.  The Brick Bank and Detective's Office didn't excite me at all.  

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...