Friends 2018

Val-E

• 1 month later...
The summer subtheme is a car racing one with pit box, track circuit, workshop and café.

No. Please no. This is my weakspot, racing. Dammit, once Amusement was done, I felt good about no more Friends purchases. Then the RV releases. Now a racing theme. Friends Speed Champions Racers.

Sent from my VS995 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Don't forget that $20 in store or online should get you a Friends Sunflower on February 14th only. This is a US deal, unsure about abroad.

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 4.23.19 PM.png

Not available in the Dutch LEGO Shop at Home. Tried to add a Friends set (Mia's Camper Van, €59,99) to the cart, but this Sunflower promo was not added.

I would be all over the race sets for my daughter, except that with the changes LEGO has made to the characters, they lost my daughter's interest.  She really loved the characters they had already developed (LEGO sets, cartoons, etc.)  Her attitude is kind of like she's lost a friend.  I was shocked when I recently took her to the LEGO store for her birthday and she didn't want a single friends set.  She ended up getting an older set.  She's only 10, so I guess we'll see what happens in the next year or so when the last of the previous sets hit EOL. 

I tried to explain the character diversity LEGO was going for, but my daughter didn't see it that way.  She had fallen in love with the previous characters.  Now they're all gone.  So as of right now, LEGO has lost my daughter's interest in the entire friends theme.

• Like 3

I guess TLG took the risk of alienating some of the previous Friends fans but they would have mostly gone into their dark ages anyway.

The new ones do look less picture perfect and the race track is an example of moving away from the traditional treehouse/pony/snackbar/beauty parlour lines that have been remade countless times.

• Like 1

I am glad my girls are too young to get attached to them just yet. We have the Amusement sets and these go kart sets will add nicely to the collection. I can understand about the visual change and how its hard for children to grasp. There will be a time in the future that I am sure my wife and I will have to explain something like this to our daughters.

Edited by CosmicSpeed

3 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

There will be a time in the future that I am sure my wife and I will have to explain something like this to our daughters.

That sounds like the perfect day to slip away for an early morning fishing trip.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, exracer327 said:

I would be all over the race sets for my daughter, except that with the changes LEGO has made to the characters, they lost my daughter's interest.  She really loved the characters they had already developed (LEGO sets, cartoons, etc.)  Her attitude is kind of like she's lost a friend.  I was shocked when I recently took her to the LEGO store for her birthday and she didn't want a single friends set.  She ended up getting an older set.  She's only 10, so I guess we'll see what happens in the next year or so when the last of the previous sets hit EOL. 

I tried to explain the character diversity LEGO was going for, but my daughter didn't see it that way.  She had fallen in love with the previous characters.  Now they're all gone.  So as of right now, LEGO has lost my daughter's interest in the entire friends theme.

Dumb question from someone who does not watch the cartoon series.  Was it a reboot as in they reset the story with characters with different looks or was it just they just changed the look of the characters and continued as if nothing happened??

1 hour ago, Clintonjoseph said:

when does their new overweight friend get introduced? fat camp set would be great

I see potential for a theme crossover. Rebel Foal Washing Station with Starfighter and Treehouse.

porkins.jpg

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1