Friends 2018

Val-E

I wouldn't say rollercoaster as much as Monorail for a theme park. I am torn. BUT.....oh man.....what if......What if this Friends Monorail is an indicator of a Expert Creator Monorail in the future as the Friends Roller Coaster was for the Expert Rollercoaster? Or extreme curveball SPACE MONORAILSZ!

Edit: I have regained composure.

Edited by CosmicSpeed

1 minute ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I wouldn't say rollercoaster as much as Monorail for a theme park. I am torn. BUT.....oh man.....what if......What if this Friends Monorail is an indicator of a Expert Creator Monorail in the future as the Friends Roller Coaster was for the Expert Rollercoaster? Or extreme curveball SPACE MONORAILSZ!

I think it´s an indicator that TLG is only going to make helicopters, dragons, dinosaurs and tracked circuits going forward plus the usual SH and SW rehashes.

4 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Dumb question from someone who does not watch the cartoon series.  Was it a reboot as in they reset the story with characters with different looks or was it just they just changed the look of the characters and continued as if nothing happened??

As best I can tell, from my kids watching it over the last few years, it really doesn't matter.  There's no real continuity.  The first few episodes that aired, everything was "LEGO-fied."  Buildings and cars, and "stuff" all had LEGO studs, etc. on them.

As the show progressed, though, it's cartoon versions of everything.  Even the stuff that are sets, are cartooned versions of the sets.  So instead of a very obvious LEGO studded rollercoaster, for example, it's just a stylized rollercoaster.  Same exact design, colors, etc., just no studs, and not as blocky.

Back to continuity, there's an episode where the Friends meet up with the Pop Star (Livi), and they become friends with her.  And it's clearly the first time they've all met.  But then there is a different episode where they encounter Livi for the first time, and Livi unknowingly steals a song they've written, and the girls end up on stage with her.  And it's clearly the first time they've all met.  I could be confusing that with the time they met Livi (again for the first time), and it was an American Idol like contest.

Clearly, I've been paying more attention that I probably should to all of this.

3 hours ago, Clintonjoseph said:

when does their new overweight friend get introduced? fat camp set would be great

Awhile back.  There's a short, fat, red-hair girl that was also somewhat obnoxious.  She appeared in a couple of episodes.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

As best I can tell, from my kids watching it over the last few years, it really doesn't matter.  There's no real continuity.  The first few episodes that aired, everything was "LEGO-fied."  Buildings and cars, and "stuff" all had LEGO studs, etc. on them.

As the show progressed, though, it's cartoon versions of everything.  Even the stuff that are sets, are cartooned versions of the sets.  So instead of a very obvious LEGO studded rollercoaster, for example, it's just a stylized rollercoaster.  Same exact design, colors, etc., just no studs, and not as blocky.

Back to continuity, there's an episode where the Friends meet up with the Pop Star (Livi), and they become friends with her.  And it's clearly the first time they've all met.  But then there is a different episode where they encounter Livi for the first time, and Livi unknowingly steals a song they've written, and the girls end up on stage with her.  And it's clearly the first time they've all met.  I could be confusing that with the time they met Livi (again for the first time), and it was an American Idol like contest.

Clearly, I've been paying more attention that I probably should to all of this.

Awhile back.  There's a short, fat, red-hair girl that was also somewhat obnoxious.  She appeared in a couple of episodes.

Thanks for taking one for the team

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Dumb question from someone who does not watch the cartoon series.  Was it a reboot as in they reset the story with characters with different looks or was it just they just changed the look of the characters and continued as if nothing happened??

Great question.  They actually rebooted the entire series.  It's not just looks. 

My daughter started listing different characters and how one is now an athlete but apparently used to be an artist.  And another was an artist but is now something else.  Several swapped hair color.  One was a red head, now is blond, the blond is now black, etc.  I never paid much attention to the specific characters so when she started listing the differences, which were quite a few, I was surprised at how much LEGO actually changed.  It wasn't just a diversity (nationality) thing, they completely changed the entire series.

If they had begun the characters like they're doing right now, I'm sure my daughter would be fine with them.  But they completely rebooted the entire series.  I'm sure it'll be fine, maybe even better in a few years.  But they are loosing a few fans right now to get to this new focus.

BTW, I gave examples, please do not read my examples as the actual details because quite frankly my daughter started rattling off changes and my mind blurred.  lol  Hopefully, you get the point though.

Edited by exracer327
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Val-E said:

Sorry, I forget the 2hY flagship resort set. This is the biggie and yet another rollercoaster set. Could pair well with Grand Hotel.

1017 pieces, 100 euros.

51hlmHkindL.jpg?

61eYWz5gYbL.jpg?

Is it just me, or are those slides missing a swimming pool?  Is there a pool set that connects to this?  Seems kind of weird as often as they have pool sets for the Friends line.

13 hours ago, exracer327 said:

Is it just me, or are those slides missing a swimming pool?  Is there a pool set that connects to this?  Seems kind of weird as often as they have pool sets for the Friends line.

you could MOC a pool or find a way to attach the Heartlake Summer Pool to this set

It looks like the pools go into the ocean. The boat, the dolphin are in the imaginary water.

Over all, I feel like this set was designed by a 10 yr old. A little bit of everything. But not really good at anything. The monorail is a clutter, but it makes the other side useful I guess.
The parasailing is a cool idea, but lol how long it is. Try playing with it.

2 hours ago, donbee said:

It looks like the pools go into the ocean. The boat, the dolphin are in the imaginary water.

Over all, I feel like this set was designed by a 10 yr old. A little bit of everything. But not really good at anything. The monorail is a clutter, but it makes the other side useful I guess.
The parasailing is a cool idea, but lol how long it is. Try playing with it.

I agree, there are plenty of pools to add to the set.

This set kind of reminds me of the Mall, (parts all over the place,) which, as I recall, did not sell very well.  I picked one up at a discount via amazon after it ended at LEGO.  It will be interesting to see how this set does.