10704 - Creative Box (900 pieces)

Thought it might be a good idea to create a thread for this set, seeing as it is a Walmart Exclusive in the US and a SAH/store exclusive in many European countries.

Why is the general view that this one won´t do as well as previous big box classic Lego sets? Are the parts chosen not as good?

Is there a new Classic line for 2017 and will there be a replacement set for the XXXL box?

It competes with 10705 which is the new XXXL box (but only 1000 pieces.

There has been a lot of supply on the previous big boxes (10697) leading to diminished returns for the usual holiday season sales.

Too many people are aware of these and try to flip them for little profit.

It is competing with last years hoarded stock of 10697 at a less than favorable price to part ratio (900 for $20 vs 1500 for $30).

That said, I bought a bunch as they are good for parting out.

I bought 10 last week while Asda had them at £18 each, they fit in a small parcel too, so they will be cheap to ship. However i purchased them with the intention of parting them out.

I've also bought 10 x 10703 when JD Williams had them for £10 each, this is a good for parting out too, although they have also been selling for £30+ on ebay UK. So if you see any 10703 at a good price I would personally clear them out.

Edited by John82

Guest TabbyBoy
21 minutes ago, John82 said:

I bought 10 last week while Asda had them at £18 each, they fit in a small parcel too, so they will be cheap to ship. However i purchased them with the intention of parting them out.

I've also bought 10 x 10703 when JD Williams had them for £10 each, this is a good for parting out too, although they have also been selling for £30+ on ebay UK. So if you see any 10703 at a good price I would personally clear them out.

So did I. Most of my boxes are now 45x35x16cm SP size and I just fill in the gaps with airbags. More importantly is that you can keep the package to under 1KG so it's cheap to post First Class Signed For. The beauty of these sets is that buyers aren't so anal about box condition.

JD Williams? I've not heard of it until this week. Is it a catalogue retailer or department store or both? However, it's added to my homepages.

27 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

JD Williams? I've not heard of it until this week. Is it a catalogue retailer or department store or both? However, it's added to my homepages.

It's just a catalogue retailer, I tried to get John Lewis to price match but they wouldn't as they have no physical store.

I'm came across by accident a few weeks back because it was the only online retailer stocking the 12 pack collEGGtibles.

I'm pretty sure JD Williams, Fashion World, The Kids Division and Home Beauty & Gift Shop are all the same company. They seem to be sharing the same software and product database.

Edited by John82

• 2 weeks later...