4002017 - Nutcracker

Pseudoty

Guest TabbyBoy
54 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Already on eBay. 

IMG_5815.PNG

i like these employee sets, but I'll wait until the race to the bottom begins before buying. I remember paying only £80 for the 4002016 last year when it was first selling for >£200.

who designed it? Children in kindergarten... ? so awful!

LEGO is pretty hypocratic - when they have to pick one from IDEAS submissions they have full mouth of how "it has to comply with very high LEGO standards" - while this one wouldnt even pass the initial screening...  ?

Edited by crayxlp
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
39 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

who designed it? Children in kindergarten... ? so awful!

LEGO is pretty hypocratic - when they have to pick one from IDEAS submissions they have full mouth of how "it has to comply with very high LEGO standards" - while this one wouldnt even pass the initial screening...  1f636.png

At least it better than that ridiculous cardboard "Xmas Tree" crap.

21 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

It looks like a coffin...

Instead of Nutcracker I would like to see someone else resting in... ;-)

I think that "coffin" is right to the point.. perhaps a final dot after a "succesful" year for LEGO? The other half of 2017 started with laying off 1900 ppl, retiring cca 200 sets without any discount (at least on EU e-shop).. and now this atrocity for the rest of the employees.. 

Edited by crayxlp

37 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

I think that "coffin" is right to the point.. perhaps a final dot after a "succesful" year for LEGO? The other half of 2017 started with laying off 1900 ppl, retiring cca 200 sets without any discount (at least on EU e-shop).. and now this atrocity for the rest of the employees.. 

Lego not giving discounts on 200 sets doesn't appear to be an indicator of them going anything wrong? That would benefit you and us of course, but why would they discount if they don't need to.

No one seems to have photos of the actual set yet. The cover is just artwork. I think this could be a bit of a monstrosity with technics wheels and cogs everywhere 

• Like 1

I simply compare against the 1H of 2017 .. every imaginable retiring set got a discount ranging 30-50 %.. I remember all City and Speed Champions getting 50 % off while Ninjago sets got at first 20 % and then later on 30-33 % off - each single one of them.. now show me any retiring set that has a stable discount on EU shop (excluding the promos that last only a couple of days]. 

11 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

I simply compare against the 1H of 2017 .. every imaginable retiring set got a discount ranging 30-50 %.. I remember all City and Speed Champions getting 50 % off while Ninjago sets got at first 20 % and then later on 30-33 % off - each single one of them.. now show me any retiring set that has a stable discount on EU shop (excluding the promos that last only a couple of days]. 

That shows Lego is improving...constant steep discounts can be a very bad sign.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mauro23 said:

No, a good running company offers often discounts, a bad running does not...

That makes no sense. Some co AP IRS have policies of never discounting, others have to discount to clear stock, others discount because they have problems. But there's no logic in saying Lego isn't discounting because it has troubles.

1 hour ago, crayxlp said:

Sounds to me like they previously discounted these because they had problems selling them (otherwise why discount a set if selling perfectly well or not a short term promotion). By contrast,   It having to discount this year suggests they've got the supply / demand balance in better shape.

• Like 2

I dont agree with you. In my opinion they offered these massive / large-scale discounts believing they are mega profitable and such as they can not just afford it - but it would benefit them in other ways e.g. marketing,. higher turnover whatever.. clearly anyone can see the absolutely different approach in the 2H of 2017.. now tell me.. why not to discount even A FEW sets (not just promos).. - because the balance sheet of TLG is so bad. That is the answer. And that is also completely in the line why they layed of 1900 loyal employees.  - Shareholders.. 

You're saying they discounted so heavily before because they were felling generous? And not because they needed to clear slow moving sets / remaining stock?

What company does that? Lego isnt a charity.

they do promos, point and occasional event driven discounts (Black Friday). Thats their attempt at generosity.

my view is they discount heavily to deal with problems. When things are okay they don't discount something.

But that's ok to disagree of course. Everyone entitled to their view.

• Like 2

Im not sure that I would call it "being generous" .. in my way of thinking they were kind of "on a high wave".. business was great, double cipher profit after EBITDA 2016).. myriad of new sets coming in 2017.. so yeah.. I can imagine that the management felt like they "got it" and perhaps they looked up to some practices of TRU, Walmart, Target (whoever) who tend to sell out last year fashion with big discount and they just did it.

As i said several times, this is my opinion. And I feel very strong about the point that they could AFFORD discount at the break of 2016/2017 but now - they are saving every penny. (= in the scope of 200 sets NONE with a regular, solid, stable discount..".. not counting some stupid gear or Elves Dragon box) - you think Im wrong? have another idea .. Personally I dont think that the first Wave of LEGO Speed Champions would be such a massacre that they truly needed to get rid of it at all costs - and then continue this "horrible" series for additional two years.. just one of the points why Im confident that your arguments are just not correct.

Edited by crayxlp

44 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

Im not sure that I would call it "being generous" .. in my way of thinking they were kind of "on a high wave".. business was great, double cipher profit after EBITDA 2016).. myriad of new sets coming in 2017.. so yeah.. I can imagine that the management felt like they "got it" and perhaps they looked up to some practices of TRU, Walmart, Target (whoever) who tend to sell out last year fashion with big discount and they just did it.

As i said several times, this is my opinion. And I feel very strong about the point that they could AFFORD discount at the break of 2016/2017 but now - they are saving every penny. (= in the scope of 200 sets NONE with a regular, solid, stable discount..".. not counting some stupid gear or Elves Dragon box) - you think Im wrong? have another idea .. Personally I dont think that the first Wave of LEGO Speed Champions would be such a massacre that they truly needed to get rid of it at all costs - and then continue this "horrible" series for additional two years.. just one of the points why Im confident that your arguments are just not correct.

I'm confident that nothing I've quoted here makes sense.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ravenb99 said:

At 732 pieces it should be pretty nice and substantial.   Similar to when they did employee birds set right when ideas birds came out.

Than you for staying on topic. 

1 hour ago, Mos_Eisley said:

I'm confident that nothing I've quoted here makes sense.

Exactly, perhaps @Jeff Mack can start a BPer EU and post the updates there, whatever that means.