A Modular Question - FB & GE are unloved but...

CNH1974

Looking around this forum and on various different topics it is clear that the Fire brigade and Grand Emporium do not have much love. From an investment view at least. "Everyone on this planet has bought one" was one of the comments. But what about the other two modulars that are for sale and seem to be rarer? They are not on display in the Lego store and rarely come up on Ebay. I am talking about the 10218 Pet Shop rrp

Not sure why your topic was 'double posted'. That was wierd. Anyway, you kind of answered your own question. The fact is those two are newer and can easily be bought from LEGO's website, and it will be a long time before they get discontinued. When a set is or at least seems to be close to retiring, that is when people will discuss the most about a set. That or when it has just been released or even before that. I think they are really good ones, particularly the "Town Hall". When the time comes, that set should appreciate very nicely. I like the styles used for the "Pet Shop", so that may grow in value too, eventually. But at the moment, not many people will list a readily available set that might even have some discounts on it on a site like eBay unless they are sure they can get enough to make it worth the hassle.

I think there are a lot of fence sitters on the next modular buildings. For buying to build, definitely not, but from an investment standpoint, for sure. I think a lot will depend on how the FB and GE do post-EOL. I know I would still pick up the Pet Shop or Town Hall at a nice discount, but I wouldn't pay even close to retail. I may be wrong, but I think $119 was the lowest for the Pet Shop and $149 for the Town Hall. If you can get them at this price, you'll probably do alright even if they appreciate slowly post EOL. Also, until FB and GE go EOL, investors aren't sure what is going to 'normal' for a modular run (obviously not counting the first sets).

Not sure why your topic was 'double posted'. That was wierd.

Anyway, you kind of answered your own question. The fact is those two are newer and can easily be bought from LEGO's website, and it will be a long time before they get discontinued. When a set is or at least seems to be close to retiring, that is when people will discuss the most about a set. That or when it has just been released or even before that.

I think they are really good ones, particularly the "Town Hall". When the time comes, that set should appreciate very nicely. I like the styles used for the "Pet Shop", so that may grow in value too, eventually.

But at the moment, not many people will list a readily available set that might even have some discounts on it on a site like eBay unless they are sure they can get enough to make it worth the hassle.

Ooops, sorry about that. I am posting using my work's internet connection which is a bit dodgy to say the least. I pressed submit and it all went white so I pressed back and got the " you have failed the security test" error that I only get when using this connection. This error means you have to refresh and resubmit. So I did, assuming it hadn't gone through in the first place! :)

Yes I thought I might be answering my own question but I'd thought I'd ask anyway. Thinking about it though it is only 'answered' for the Town hall; the Pet Shop has been out for 2 years now and you would think it would be more widely available. Since following all the modulars auctions on Ebay UK; there have only been 2 used Pet Shops sold. For